• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently Fitt Tried…

WarHeel

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Higgins probably cost you around a first round pick.   

we got a bad GM going all in on Frank Reich at what likely is near the end of his own tenure.  

Fitterer is dead in the water if the team doesn’t improve.  It’s not surprising at all to see him shooting for the moon at the deadline.  I would just like to know if he’s being allowed to do that, or ordered to.

26 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Fitterer is dead in the water if the team doesn’t improve.  It’s not surprising at all to see him shooting for the moon at the deadline.  I would just like to know if he’s being allowed to do that, or ordered to.

You’d think so but now that the deadline has passed there really isn’t any use for him. This team is utter dog sh!t and that isn’t changing

He’s really close to Tepper and if he’s going to get fired this offseason you’d think he’d just do it now… so I really don’t know anymore 

Maybe Tepper didn’t want to fire anyone else this week after firing that soccer coach

7 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Fitter is a desperate fuging idiot. Guy has dealt away all his good players and all his draft capital to build the worst team in the league and he’s STILL swinging for the fences. He’s like an addict drinking rubbing alcohol to get a fix. He has to go now. 

No kidding. We are 1-8. Trading picks away for WRs is beyond stupid. He’s already pissed away so much talent and drafted poorly that we are worse than Rhule’s teams. Now he wants to fug up our future even more. If you want Higgins sign him as a FA. Higgins doesn’t make us a contender so stop wasting picks.

He’s more of a cover my ass/do deals to save my job than Hurney was. If we let him do any more he will ruin the next decade.

I think most of his moves have been with Tepper impatient  a.. in his ear. Not giving him n out but Tepper needs a bunch if this blame. I'm pretty sure he wanted Bryce to get a weapon to not make the decision  look as bad. Got to remember,  Tepper was saying how Bryce doesn't need elite wrs... by the trade deadline I know he was going in. 

I have no problem with this. Presumably he wasn't offering any premium picks or the deal would've been done. Trying to low ball for proven wide receivers when that's one of our biggest needs is what I would hope our GM would be doing. People overvalue picks, especially past the 1st round. I imagine we offered like a 3rd for Davante. I don't care if he's 30 years old, I'd rather have a 30 year old Davante Adams than DJ Johnson or Matt Corral. And even if he's going to be way past his prime by the time we are ready to compete, there's value in putting talent around Bryce Young to see definitively what we have with him rather than wonder how much better he might be with all the pieces.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

I have no problem with this. Presumably he wasn't offering any premium picks or the deal would've been done. Trying to low ball for proven wide receivers when that's one of our biggest needs is what I would hope our GM would be doing. People overvalue picks, especially past the 1st round. I imagine we offered like a 3rd for Davante. I don't care if he's 30 years old, I'd rather have a 30 year old Davante Adams than DJ Johnson or Matt Corral. And even if he's going to be way past his prime by the time we are ready to compete, there's value in putting talent around Bryce Young to see definitively what we have with him rather than wonder how much better he might be with all the pieces.

This. People also forget we are hot garbage at drafting after the first round. That much hasn’t changed, even after Hurney left the building. 

Edited by WarHeel

19 hours ago, X-Clown said:

He has been over both the completion percentage you mentioned every single game, and more than 150 in every game except Atlanta in week 1 where he was 4 yards short. Might wanna push the goalposts further out.

No they are far enough as it is...59 yds to be exact.

9 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

This place is so funny. Pre-trade deadline everyone was screaming for Fit to bring in help. Now that we found out he tried you guys say "what is he doing!? Whe does he still have any power!"

Nah, pre-trade deadline I was screaming for the team to sit on its hands 'cos this is a lost season and we need to fire everyone in the Front Office (including all of the scouts).