• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Frank Reich has talked to staff about his 'unknown job security'

TheSpecialJuan

17 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Maybe Frank doesn’t know how. Like a lot of coaches, he’s a great leader but a terrible X’s and O’s guy. He knows one way and that’s it. Can’t adapt.

Campen would, though 

And given how bad this has the potential to make him look, it's hard for me to believe he hasn't said something.

9 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I mean the huddle hates Frank and wants him gone so can you fault Tepper for firing him? It’s literally damned if you do damned if you don’t but I also think Fitt is gone too.

I agree, if any changes are made, its a house cleaning and starting with a new GM search. Not finding the right players to fit Reichs scheme is just as much responsibility on Fitt as it is on Reich to execute imho.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I mean the huddle hates Frank and wants him gone so can you fault Tepper for firing him? It’s literally damned if you do damned if you don’t but I also think Fitt is gone too.

A majority of two fan bases think Frank sucks. One team fired him, moved on and is building something and moving in a positive direction. The other team hired him and doesn’t know where they pooed last. To me, if there is not clear improvement, Frank and fitt are gone. 

• Pie 1

I remember when everyone on this board was singing the praises of the Frank Reich signing.  Dogging Wilks as a candidate.  All I saw with the signing was a retread with a stale offense, who lacked the straight line approach to make us competitive.  We hired his daughter months before we hired him ensuring that there was proper nepotism involved.  He ditched our power run game, gutted the areas we were good at, and Fitt traded our best player and refused to resign our best back.  The Panthers are getting exactly what they deserve right now.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not getting serious consideration from one of the 31 other opportunities.

Forgot about that part.

I can't imagine anyone honestly picking to come here over anywhere else at this point.

Working for Tepper will be a last case scenario for anyone worth a damn.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I still feel like there’s more going on behind-the-scenes that we do not know. These coaches have had success in the NFL. We can argue if Frank is the right head coach or not, but he is not a complete imbecile, and clearly has had success coaching in the NFL. 

This offense is terrible but I do not think it is because these coaches are stupid or inept.  

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, thennek said:

I still feel like there’s more going on behind-the-scenes that we do not know. These coaches have had success in the NFL. We can argue if Frank is the right head coach or not, but he is not a complete imbecile, and clearly has had success coaching in the NFL. 

This offense is terrible but I do not think it is because these coaches are stupid or inept.  

Common denominator in all things Panthers, David Tepper. 
I think when all is revealed, we learn that Tepper played a heavy hand in the selection of Bryce Young and the relationship between he and Frank soured once it was decided BY was the pick. Frank didn’t want the kid and being basically forced to select him ruined Franks mindset.  I know if I was in his shoes I would have been ready to walk.  

Edited by ickmule

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Campen would, though 

And given how bad this has the potential to make him look, it's hard for me to believe he hasn't said something.

The people who matter know what’s going on. They know Campen didn’t choose the scheme. 

Franks OL coordinator from Indy is now doing great in Houston. That guy got blasted for turning the highest paid OL into a mid tier unit.

NFL coaches knew it wasn’t really his fault.