• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

15 year season ticket holder... I won't be renewing

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And Big Kat---not saying that you're doing this---don't make this decision out of distress of being at the bottom. It's easy to do things we wouldn't normally do if we are letting our emotions get the best of us.

honestly it started during the beginning of last season with Rhule... Wilks gave me some excitement but it was a rinse and repeat this offseason with Reich

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Seven grand is alot of money for most of us.....especially to flush it down the toilet watching a hopeless situation 

It’s basically an Audi Q7 equivalence in the driveway or season tickets to the Panthers. Once you remove the fan aspect and look at the monetary costs of season tickets and what else you can do with that money, it’s maddening

IMG_3836.jpeg

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, unless you think we're becoming the Browns or something, ya gotta know that the misery ain't gonna last forever (not that we've ever been that great on a consistent basis anyway). Things have to look up at some point. 

It's been a terrible season for sure, and I wouldn't waste my money either. But if I could afford it without any strain on my pocketbook, I'd probably just look at it as a long vacation because it's an option that you may not be able to get back once things turn around, at least not at the price that you once paid. But, if you really don't care about having that option, then by all means keep your dough in your pocket and do like most of us, which is root from afar in the comfort of your own home and choose and pick whatever games that you want to go to without all the added responsibility (or problem, depending upon how you look at it).

Tepper has turned us into the new Browns. Were the worst team in the league since he bought the team and I see no signs of that doing anything other than finding new bottoms.

• Pie 5

Don’t blame you. I sold mine last year. Have been to one game in Charlotte since the Super Bowl year. Been to a few away games and will consider going to one a year like you just to see stadiums and new cities. David Tepper won’t be getting any of my money either. I’d rather him just move the team and hope for an expansion franchise at this point. 

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

I bet you don't regret it do you

Not one bit.  I do miss tailgating some, but my crew had dwindled over the years as guys got married and had kids--we all were getting older too.  Those first several years of being a PSL owner were a blast though when it was a bunch of single dudes throwing caution to the wind. 

Oh, we actually had a product to cheer for and be proud of back then.  Winning contributes to the enjoyment of the fan experience. I remember actually being pissed after a loss in those days.  Now I just shake my head, give a long sigh and chalk it up to being the modern day version of being the Cleveland Jets.  Yeah, I know...that's not a typo.

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper has turned us into the new Browns. Were the worst team in the league since he bought the team and I see no signs of that doing anything other than finding new bottoms.

People are going to feel how they feel. I lived in Cleveland back when Ozzie Newsome, Lyle Alzado, Brian Sipe and others gave fans something to root for. Once they left in the early 80s, the Browns have really only had one, maybe two (if I want to be generous) seasons where they were legitimately championship contenders. Since then, it's really been bad. We aren't the Browns yet. Let s give it at least another decade. At this point we're still working on the first (decade of suck).