• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston sums it up

TN05

5 hours ago, ncstatekwi said:

Fire GM…my two words summation!

This all depends on who is truly calling the shots.  If Tepper is calling the shots it doesn't matter who is the GM it's going to be ugly.

If Tepper is hands off.  SURE, but I am looking at the former and not the latter. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wasn't a proponent of keeping Wilks but if you were being honest in that you were firing Rhule at that time to give Wilks an opportunity to prove himself through making the team substantially better then he did that. To jettison him to end up with this, well... it's basically just the Tepper era Panthers in a nutshell. What we had wasn't great but damn if it wasn't better than this.

Two things can be true here.

Was Wilks better than what we have now?  Yes, he was.

At the same time, he wasn't the answer.  He was gonna be a guy who occasionally got us to the playoffs.  He was Riverboat Ron all over again.

I can give the organization props for trying something different to change the math.  This didn't work.  Let's try something else.  Unfortunately, I think we're still a bit more than 12 months away from "something else".

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

At the same time, he wasn't the answer.  He was gonna be a guy who occasionally got us to the playoffs.  He was Riverboat Ron all over again.

I can give the organization props for trying something different to change the math.  This didn't work.  Let's try something else.  Unfortunately, I think we're still a bit more than 12 months away from "something else".

I'd take occasionally making the playoffs over occasionally sniffing .500

9 minutes ago, BrianS said:

You're reading too much into what I was saying. All I'm saying is that the situation proved Tepper was lying. He didn't fire Rhule to give Wilks a legit shot. He fired Rhule because he finally got tired of being humiliated by the entire football world for making a dumb hire, giving the dumb hire a TON of money and more importantly in the football sense a ton of organizational power. The ruse of giving Wilks a legit shot was just a cover for not admitting that you're just yanking the rug because you finally got embarrassed enough to do so when the entire football world knew Rhule should've been fired the prior off-season.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, BrianS said:

No one knows how Wilks would have done. He’s not Ron Rivera. Ron Rivera is Ron Rivera. 

What we know is that he became interim of a laughing stock of a team, instantly made them respectable (with no QB), and now we have returned to laughing stock status. 

None of us know Wilks personally (or Ron for that matter) so there’s just a lot of assuming going on. 

I get that people want the next stud offensive coach, but good luck to them trying to light up the league with no QB. Wilks did pretty good (and ran the appropriate scheme imo) for a Sam Darnold led offense. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're reading too much into what I was saying. All I'm saying is that the situation proved Tepper was lying. He didn't fire Rhule to give Wilks a legit shot. He fired Rhule because he finally got tired of being humiliated by the entire football world for making a dumb hire, giving the dumb hire a TON of money and more importantly in the football sense a ton of organizational power. The ruse of giving Wilks a legit shot was just a cover for not admitting that you're just yanking the rug because you finally got embarrassed enough to do so when the entire football world knew Rhule should've been fired the prior off-season.

I don't know if Tepper is lying or just incompetent.

Same result either way, though 😕

yeah we really could have kept the culture in tact, kept a lot of these veterans mentioned and even a veteran coach like Wilkes. Could've kept Cam as back up / cheerleader and drafted a guy like Stroud or AR to take the reigns and bring some youth excitement into the team. The whole Jerry Richardson thing really nuked a lot of that unfortunately and obvi that gave us Tepper. It is what it is, can't live in the past. What we can do is keep blowing this thing up until we get the right combo of coaches, FO and players. that is the only way. 

• Pie 1