• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jay Feely says Matt Rhule treated people "crappy" while in Carolina

Dorian Gray

6 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

An emasculated male being led around by the balls (Reich) vs a slimy douchebag (Rhule)

Its 1a vs 1b for me

Frank Reich makes Ron Rivera and John Fox look like the 2 most fiery coaches in NFL history.   He has never had even a moment on the sidelines showing he gives a fug.  Thin line between emotional intelligence and apathy.  Dude needed a year or two off to self scout why he sucked as a HC.   Which is probably what the other 31 front offices would have said if they were in need of a HC.   First would be the need to hire an OC to do the job at his next stop. 

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Frank Reich makes Ron Rivera and John Fox look like the 2 most fiery coaches in NFL history.   He has never had even a moment on the sidelines showing he gives a fug.  Thin line between emotional intelligence and apathy.  Dude needed a year or two off to self scout why he sucked as a HC.   Which is probably what the other 31 front offices would have said if they were in need of a HC.   First would be the need to hire an OC to do the job at his next stop. 

I havent crossed paths with any 60+ year old guys that really change their way whether in their employment, way of living etc.  So I think frank is who he is at this point, no self reflection is going to change anything, he thinks his way is the right way and he can win with it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Rhule failing doesn't even bring me joy these days.

I am void of football happiness thanks to the likes of David Tepper and Scott Fitterrer

having a 4 figured bet on the under in that game x Rhule absolutely choking slapped better than any Panthers win in the last several years. 

• Pie 1

I think Frank is a genuinely good guy who came here with a dream of starting from scratch with his guys and his QB. Stroud. He wasn’t allowed to have his guy. It was an arranged marriage and he got cheated. 

He has no idea how to scheme for Bryce. He knows under this current scheme he can’t win with Bryce, and he’s not even close to having the players needed to make it work. All of the offense talent that’s been acquired in the offseason was Taylor made for CJ. And then the complete opposite guy was chosen. Every week, probably daily for that matter. Tepper comes across as the text you at 11:15 pm with his new idea kind of guy.

He saw this as his final destination, coming back to Carolina, a chance to really build something. It’s been anything but that. 

He’s not good, but he’s really been screwed over in the process and looks completely defeated. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I think Frank is a genuinely good guy who came here with a dream of starting from scratch with his guys and his QB. Stroud. He wasn’t allowed to have his guy. It was an arranged marriage and he got cheated. 

He has no idea how to scheme for Bryce. He knows under this current scheme he can’t win with Bryce, and he’s not even close to having the players needed to make it work. All of the offense talent that’s been acquired in the offseason was Taylor made for CJ. And then the complete opposite guy was chosen. Every week, probably daily for that matter. Tepper comes across as the text you at 11:15 pm with his new idea kind of guy.

He saw this as his final destination, coming back to Carolina, a chance to really build something. It’s been anything but that. 

He’s not good, but he’s really been screwed over in the process and looks completely defeated. 

I wish people would stop acting like Reich wasn’t part of Young as well. All we heard before the draft was how everyone was in line and that Richardson  was our second choice. Just like we said good things about Pickett, Willis and Corral the year before, we looked at all 3 so anyone can find pictures or quotes where we said good stuff about all 3 top QBs.

It sure seems like the Reich entourage and friends in the media are trying to paint the picture that Reich was handcuffed and all that started well after the draft once we started losing badly and looking like poo. I remember articles like this right after the pick and it sure doesn’t seem like the case.

https://247sports.com/Article/2023-nfl-draft-panthers-coach-frank-reich-explains-bryce-young-over-cj-stroud-anthony-richardson-decision-209108992/amp/

All of the options were heralded recruits who starred at the college level for their respective teams, but only one showed out above the rest.

"It wasn't much convincing," Reich said after Thursday night's selection, via theteam’s website. "You just watched the tape. There's a lot said about the size. At the end of the day, there are a lot of factors that go into it. But we're coaches, we're scouts. We watched the tape. And when you watch the tape, Bryce Young is the best player."

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The myth that Reich never wanted Bryce will never go away. Person and Brett Jensen both have said that Reich also had his hand in choosing Bryce too.

I agree with my boss all the time at the end of the day.  I mean that’s what it is in the end.  That’s our decision.   That’s going to be the narrative.

Everyone that knew Frank was out there saying what a Frank QB was and wasn’t in that moment.  And inside reporting said they were split.  Someone wins.  Someone loses.  In the end they all agree on the pick.  Every pick actually.  They all universally agreed on every pick and got the guy they all agreed was at the top of their board (and they all agreed on their board) 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The myth that Reich never wanted Bryce will never go away. Person and Brett Jensen both have said that Reich also had his hand in choosing Bryce too.

Don't doubt that Reich had a hand in it.

I'm just kinda concerned about whether someone else did too 

I just can’t see how a former player and long time NFL coach took one look at Bryce and said, yup, that’s our guy 100%.  No reservations. Don’t need to see him throw. He tested well.

Besides his supposed brain, Stroud was literally better in every measurable category. 

I know none of us will truly know since we weren’t there in the meetings, but damn. 

• Pie 1