• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honestly I don't even blame Reich for this

TN05

Reich was probably brought into this with the idea of drafting his QB and picking his staff. He got the staff... but Tepper demanded Young. Reich caved. And now Young looks really bad, and Reich looks bad as a result.

The real problem here is Tepper. Reich isn't a great coach, but I don't think he's this bad. Every bit of our offseason lands on Tepper. The knives are going to start coming out once heads roll, and I think a lot of people are going to start talking about how this wasn't their choice once they lose their jobs.

Edited by TN05
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Ornias said:

I honestly believe Reich wants to be fired at this point. Early retirement with full pay. 

Why wouldn't he? He's not in control. He didn't get his QB and is stuck with Young, who doesn't fit the scheme and looks really bad. It's a lost cause. Tepper wanted Bryce. He got him, no matter the cost.

Edited by TN05

1 minute ago, TN05 said:

Reich was probably brought into this with the idea of drafting his QB and picking his staff. He got the staff... but Tepper demanded Young. Reich caved. And now Young looks really bad, and Reich looks bad as a result.

The real problem here is Tepper. Reich isn't a great coach, but I don't think he's this bad. Every bit of our offseason lands on Tepper.

If any of the “Bryce was picked to not ruffle feathers” thing is true, then I 100% blame Frank and Fitt.

Have some balls and some pride. Do your job and fight for what’s best for your team and for your staff.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

ANY OF US would accept $30-$40 million thrown at us, ANY of us, don't blame him.

He's a HORRIFIC coach with a stale ass offense

He's a nice person

He licked the right boots, coddled the right billionaire's ego (Nicole) and cups the other billionaire (David)

I blame the idiot running the franchise who thinks he can run an NFL team the Appaloosa way 

• Pie 3

I'd have more sympathy for Reich if he didn't trot out the SAME EXACT THING every single week. Like fug man, switch up the O-Line. switch up the scheme. Go power running with Bryce under center. SOMETHING.

The reason we can't move the ball is becuase the opposing defense knows whats coming

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I'd have more sympathy for Reich if he didn't trot out the SAME EXACT THING every single week. Like fug man, switch up the O-Line. switch up the scheme. Go power running with Bryce under center. SOMETHING.

The reason we can't move the ball is becuase the opposing defense knows whats coming

O-Line switches weekly and within each game because the whole team continues to get injured. We can bring in random nobodies without experience with the rest of the line/scheme and it's not going to get better. We're just screwed at this point.

This is a fair reason for Dalton to see a few more starts.  Some say you can’t evaluate Bryce with this team, I say you can evaluate this team or staff with Bryce.  The knife cuts both ways.  A few Dalton starts would provide some much needed clarity before chopping more heads.

• Pie 3

I blame whoever made the final call on Bryce

If Tepper forced it and Reich tried to push back as much as possible and couldn't get him to budge, then I blame Tepper.

If Tepper tried to force it and Reich really could have shut it down by saying he didn't believe in Young's abilities, but didn't, then I blame Reich.

It was clear as day that he didn't have the physical traits necessary to make it in this league, no matter how amazing his brain was.  It's also now clear that he has an amazing brain in the film room, like Luke did, but it doesn't translate to the field at the speed of the NFL game, at least not near enough to make up for his lack of physical traits.

So whoever had the power to not draft Bryce but didn't use that power, that is who is to blame.

Problem is we'll never know unless someone involved throws that person under the bus publicly down the line.  

• Pie 1

Frank isn’t the first nor will he be the last to not get it his way on things.  He also is just a bad HC.  I think because he acts like he is on sedatives people ignore a lot of the Rhule-ish to him. 

like today.   That was a horrible call at the end.  Frank’s take? That should be a TD and Chark did a poor job.  That’s seems like a pretty Matt Rhule-ish breakdown. 

• Pie 1