• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Garafolo: Reich will finish the season

Mr. Scot

It would take a coach like Harbaugh to tell Tepper to stay the fug out of football operations.  Reich obviously didn't know what he signed up for.   A real world business correlation would be a meddling CEO who hired a President of Operations and then told him who to hire as the lead person handling the day-to-day business--who if you looked at their Linked In would know was as ill-fit for the Operations President.  Wonder why things are going swimmingly?

Edited by 45catfan

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol, “time to develop” Bryce 

I mean Frank is ruining/hurting him. Tepper clearly knows what the talk is about him.  Not firing him now is just abut factoring in how the next potential HC views things.  Which is all fine. 

He should fire Fitterer today though.   Really yesterday. Last week. Before the season started in all honesty. 

It honestly would not shock me to see Fitt retrained and Reich fired. 

57 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Who can’t see what’s about to happen…..we wait until after the season to “evaluate”…..wait too long during this process and miss out on getting a jump on interviews, miss out on all the good candidates, are then forced to pick through scraps who have no other options. We hire them with a 4 year contract, they suck and we have to start another re build in 1-2 years

We got a 3 month jump on the process last year, filled our vacancy first, and ended up with the worst coach in the league. Early doesn’t matter when the guy pulling the strings is a terrible evaluator.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

It honestly would not shock me to see Fitt retrained and Reich fired. 

This is the completely wrong move but it also would not surprise me with Tepper in charge. Fitterer seems to have a Rhule like relationship with Tepper where all of his terrible moves seem to go unnoticed. 

34 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol, “time to develop” Bryce 

I mean Frank is ruining/hurting him. Tepper clearly knows what the talk is about him.  Not firing him now is just abut factoring in how the next potential HC views things.  Which is all fine. 

He should fire Fitterer today though.   Really yesterday. Last week. Before the season started in all honesty. 

That’s the only reason why Frank still has a job. 

I mean on one hand, I get not firing him until the end of the season. It's Reich's first season and I've long said he deserves to at least finish out the year to try to show any kind of progress on the offensive side of the ball. The problem I have is that if they're specifically mentioning "develop the QB" as a reason to let him finish the season, well that's not going to happen with the way the offensive is constructed.

Best we can hope for is they find an offensive line combination that works, some semblance of a consistent running game emerges, which is able to take some pressure off of Bryce. He'd look markedly better if the Panthers had a real threat of a multi-faceted running game utilizing lots of misdirection and play action. I mean have they run a reverse all season? Problem is the scheme is certified garbage and Frank is in over his head. He needs to retire. 

No one is being developed and if they could then they should focus on someone with NFL level tallent. They are already setting themselves up for their next failure.

Reich is going to get fired at least at the end of the year, they bring in someone else to do the impossible and then try again in 24 with even less of a fieldable team. Hell I bet Fittz stays as the Teppers' inside man lol.

Edit: now poo is going to really go sideways. LOL

Edited by Waldo