• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

7 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Different strategies each time.  You got to think he's ready to just find someone to really help get this right.  He needs the right people listening to candidates and helping create an informed decision for growing something from the ground up.  Top down.

Do we trust him to identify that person though?

I know who I have in mind, but I have no idea whether Tepper will go that route

This all boils down the the #1 overall pick.

The amount they gave up, that needed to be the undisputed greatest draft pick of all time. But as it turned out, we got Bryce...

No draft, no roster. Reich and Fitt bet their professional careers on Young, and it didn't work out. So they have to be as well.

The only thing that will help us heal is time. We're going to suck until we suck long enough to draft an actual game-changer with the #1 overall pick we've earned. And that is at least 2 years away.

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, NcPsa10 said:

now the Panthers fired him after year 1 of his 4 year guaranteed contract (between $20m & $40m)

Did Tepper learn his lesson about keeping poor coaching around longer than needed?  Should we be celebrating Tepper's decision to pull the rug now vs waiting until the end of the season (or potentially worse - middle of season 2?)

Just now, 45catfan said:

Eventually yes, but that's not who I think he really wanted initially.  I hope Frank does eventually give his side of the story, but he's classy and I doubt he airs the dirty laundry.  Honestly, even if he does, I wouldn't think less of him because this fan base needs an explanation and you know Tepper isn't going to give us a straight, HONEST, answer.

Why is it so hard to believe? I would understand this possibility if Bryce was NOT considered the top QB prospect in this draft but on most boards he was. The early returns on Young haven't been great but hopefully things can get turned around.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Do we trust him to identify that person though?

I know who I have in mind, but I have no idea whether Tepper will go that route

If Tepper fires Fitterer and actually surrounds himself with football minds to navigate the process of hiring a coach and GM combo in unison and allows them to do their jobs without him or his wife inserting themselves into the middle of the day to day team operations I will feel much better about our future. But I think we'll see pigs fly before that.

• Pie 1