• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Young safe?

TheBigKat

7 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Don't be silly.

Any coach and GM they bring in will be 100% bought in on Bryce.

Not even remotely close to being the case. I would almost bet my life on the next GM/Coach only committing to Bryce in '24 with it known very well that if he doesn't look light years better they will be drafting a new QB in '25.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Knaakedup said:

Not even remotely close to being the case. I would almost bet my life on the next GM/Coach only committing to Bryce in '24 with it known very well that if he doesn't look light years better they will be drafting a new QB in '25.

That is exactly being committed to Bryce.  

They have to present a scheme that shows their plan to build around his tools.   And then Bryce can be actually evaluated.

It's funny now that Frank has been fired that the ESPN talking heads are NOW questioning Bryce.  Sure, they are still making some excuses because of his supporting cast, but this is the first time I have heard them openly questioning if he's going pan out as a QB1.  Rex Ryan didn't mince words, he said Bryce was not going to cut it in the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

For the beginning of next year? Sure they will hire anyone that says they can prop up Young...which won't be anyone decent.

He is on the trash heap by the end of next season. Tepper will eventually turn on him and he isn't good enough to stop what is coming his way.

Just now, 45catfan said:

It's funny now that Frank has been fired that the ESPN talking heads are NOW questioning Bryce.  Sure, they are still making some excuses because of his supporting cast, but this is the first time I have heard them openly questioning if he's going pan out as a QB1.  Rex Ryan didn't mince words, he said Bryce was not going to cut it in the NFL.

its been over half a season now, what NFL traits does he possess?   I think the pundits are wising up now to him

• Pie 1

Just now, jamos14 said:

That is exactly being committed to Bryce.  

They have to present a scheme that shows their plan to build around his tools.   And then Bryce can be actually evaluated.

50/50 on board with you here. Knowing my preference to who we should have drafted (which, doesn't matter), the new GM/Coach could also come in presenting the offense they plan on building around a few different options that could be available in '25.

5 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

And the coaches/execs won't be considered.  Plenty of coaches (well at least Flores) weren't interested in Tua but McDaniels was 100% bought in.  

That's the only way for this team to succeed in the next 3 years.

It's not the only way to succeed. It may be the only way to keep the job under Tepper, which is in and of itself a significant sign of a much larger issue. 

Whoever is hired should be able to provide an honest evaluation of Bryce without consequences from Tepper. Right now, Bryce shouldn't be the starting QB for the Panthers. Whether it's the QB or the offense, this isn't the right situation for BY to grow as a QB. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Waldo said:

For the beginning of next year? Sure they will hire anyone that says they can prop up Young...which won't be anyone decent.

He is on the trash heap by the end of next season. Tepper will eventually turn on him and he isn't good enough to stop what is coming his way.

Facts.  Tepper, by devoting (wasting) another year on Bryce, this team is going to miss out on this immense QB draft.  YES, it's deep enough to get a QB1 At #33.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Well I've been told there are many coaches in the NFL still high on Bryce Young so there should be a number of candidates willing to take on the job of fixing him. Sounds like wishful thinking but we'll see how it goes.

But the only way any of this works if if you fire Fitterer. You can't force both a GM and a QB on a new head coach on top of having no first round pick and honestly expect it to end particularly well.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But thats a problem

yep. sunk cost fallacy. Tepper is going to go all in on hiring someone who thinks they can save Bryce's career so as to not make Tepper look like a fuging moron (well more than he already does) for influencing that trade up and the pick. When what he needs to do is clear house from top to bottom, hire an advisor to run a GM search and then let that GM hire the HC and treat it as a full clean slate -- not a single player, scout, coach, etc. is "safe." Some may be brought back if new GM/HC decide they want them but absolutely no stipulations should be in place.

GM/HC coming in, if they're any good, will likely see that Bryce was a top pick for a reason and has talent/upside and is probably worth more on the roster than whatever he could fetch in a trade, but they should still be looking for ways to upgrade at QB and if a Mr Irrelevant comes in and outplays him then that should be it. Imagine if the 49ers stuck with the Trey Lance mistake instead of moving forward with Purdy... The way Tepper is trending, he would force us to keep sticking with Bryce rather than letting another option beat him out in a competition.

With how bad Bryce has played this year, QB needs to be a wide open competition starting in OTAs next year. I'm doubtful we will acquire a QB who will beat him out but handing him the job, as Tepper seems to want to do, is a huge mistake.

All this assuming Bryce doesn't flip a switch the rest of this season, which he almost certainly won't. But if Brown/Caldwell without Reich somehow work miracles and Bryce somehow averages 300 yards a game, 7.5 yards per attempt, 2 TDs a game and only a couple picks the rest of the year, yeah he'd be safe.

• Beer 1