• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speculation and rumors about Reich firing.

Basbear

I never really expected us to light the world on fire this season, I don’t think the rest of the fans would go crazy if we only pulled out 6 wins in Young’s rookie year as long as we showed fight in the games and made it competitive. This has been some of the most lifeless football I’ve ever seen. It makes no difference who we face, we are all shocked if we score more than 10-13 points. Bryce hasn’t had a single game over 250 passing yards has he? 

• Pie 4

19 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I never really expected us to light the world on fire this season, I don’t think the rest of the fans would go crazy if we only pulled out 6 wins in Young’s rookie year as long as we showed fight in the games and made it competitive. This has been some of the most lifeless football I’ve ever seen. It makes no difference who we face, we are all shocked if we score more than 10-13 points. Bryce hasn’t had a single game over 250 passing yards has he? 

The biggest issue is once the panthers are down by a TD, I feel with there is 0.00 chance the panthers will win that week. The comeback factor is the biggest let down cause the panthers are always playing form behind....Plus I dont know what the record is in one score teams but its must be in the 1-50 win-loss ratio for the last 5 years. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

48 minutes ago, Fright said:

Frank didn’t want Young and when he realized how bad he sucks, he probably gave up. I can’t even blame him with how poo young has been. Young sold himself as something he’s not and got Frank and others canned.

i really think there's something to this. 

remember how he hid him in the preseason?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3
  • Poo 2

54 minutes ago, Basbear said:

On one of the many shows Adam Schefter implied this has been weeks in the making and it was "mutual" between tepper and reich....frank basically wanted to be fired

Schefter implied frank and davids personalities were a terrible mix shortly into the season.

Heres a juicy one- One of the biggest reasons for the firing was tepper didnt like franks energy level at ALL. Each meeting it seemed frank had no drive or "want" to fix/coach this team. No "juice" or enthusiasm about day-2-day coaching the panthers. Feels like frank scammed tepper for one last NFL payday.... if true lost the few last respect points I had for fightless frank...feels like there is some truth to each. 

Probably truth to that.  I don’t think Frank got what he wanted and was immediately unhappy.    And Frank himself said he was ready to completely walk away from football all together…..and if Frank is ready to walk away entirely then some of that was already there. Frank never seemed like he wanted to be here. 

and there are also rumors that Frank was the guy whispering about the QB spot and who wanted what.   Was going to his NFL guys and saying what he wanted and how it could have been different.   Which is what forced the in season firing.  Which would align sort of with Tepper hinting each firing was unique 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Reich said during the offseason this was his last coaching job. Seems like that would be a major red flag during the interview process if it came up, though judging by this and the Rhule hire I don't think Tepper knows how to interview people for the job

Tepper lacks basic people skills. He’s also slimy   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

Probably truth to that.  I don’t think Frank got what he wanted and was immediately unhappy.    And Frank himself said he was ready to completely walk away from football all together…..and if Frank is ready to walk away entirely then some of that was already there.

and there are also rumors that Frank was the guy whispering about the QB spot and who wanted what.   Was going to his NFL guys and saying what he wanted and how it could have been different.   Which is what forced the in season firing.  Which would align sort of with Tepper hinting each firing was unique 

It does feel like frank didnt have input in many of the coaching and other football aspects. He just checked out mentally out after it was clear about losing. I know leaky claimed frank wanted david carr. Then theres lots the other reports about franks offense must have a big tall stand in the pocket QB......then all the scouts, GM, other coaches want small guy young. 

It is unique and I do believe frank had his limit and didnt want to go though what it takes to get the team right. Frank is the first coach*in season* ever to be fired in back2back years. Plus I believe theres never been a team where a play caller is switched and switched back to the original play caller in the same year. Pure dumpster fire BS. My pooor poor team....😭 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Fright said:

Frank didn’t want Young and when he realized how bad he sucks, he probably gave up. I can’t even blame him with how poo young has been. Young sold himself as something he’s not and got Frank and others canned.

He didnt want Young I agree, but how bad he sucks is certainly debatable.  Last year Russell Wilson looked like utter trash, but under Sean Payton he looks good.  Systems matter for QBs and it very well could be that we were square pegging Young into a round hole.  If you put Cam Newton in the wrong system, instead of being the greatest running threat of a QB of our time, he could have looked like crap.  Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look great, but I'm willing to see if there's a coach with a plan that plays to his strengths before I wholly give up on him.

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, Fright said:

That’s a double edge sword because partially the reason why Bryce is playing like ass it’s because you’re giving low effort and because your offensive scheme is from the 1950s. 

additionally, he was low effort almost from the day he was hired. Maybe he did want Stroud but that’s can’t be the sole reason to sabotage a job. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1