• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Never Should Have Happened

chknwing

Young excells at the RPO style offense he ran at Alabama.

Reich runs a boring version of pro style offense.  Stand in the pocket and pick apart a defense.

MCCown knows the pro style offense but is clueless on RPO.

These were the wrong choices for Bryce Young from the get go.

When Tepper hired Reich, he tossed out the possibility of an RPO offense.

This is why you let the coach pick the QB he knows can run his offense.

Once Bryce was picked, Reichs days were numbered.

Firing Reich now so Bryce can be pair with a coach better suited to put in an offense to take full

advantage of his skillset was the right call.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

Young excells at the RPO style offense he ran at Alabama.

Reich runs a boring version of pro style offense.  Stand in the pocket and pick apart a defense.

MCCown knows the pro style offense but is clueless on RPO.

These were the wrong choices for Bryce Young from the get go.

When Tepper hired Reich, he tossed out the possibility of an RPO offense.

This is why you let the coach pick the QB he knows can run his offense.

Once Bryce was picked, Reichs days were numbered.

Firing Reich now so Bryce can be pair with a coach better suited to put in an offense to take full

advantage of his skillset was the right call.

Yesterday during the Vikings game, the commentators talked about how well they had changed and adapted the offense to their new QB, making sure it matches his strengths. That’s what a good coach does.

• Pie 5

46 minutes ago, Martin said:

Yesterday during the Vikings game, the commentators talked about how well they had changed and adapted the offense to their new QB, making sure it matches his strengths. That’s what a good coach does.

Those teams scored a combined 1 TD in that game 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

You are correct, my bad. Adapting your system to your QB is not a good idea. I don’t know what I was thinking.

The Panthers sh*t out so much bloody diarrhea on the field that our fans are now looking at the poop teams as examples for how to develop a QB. 

• Beer 2

55 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They both beat us this year. Hell, the Bears beat us with an undrafted FA rookie at QB who played D2 college football. 

Beating the 2023 Panthers is not an achievement by any metric or stretch of the imagination, and in my honest opinion all wins by teams that played the Panthers this season should be stricken from the record. This team shouldn’t even exist.

I’m sure this is what Tepper is putting out there to make the job seem attractive for the next coach. “See, Bryce is fine, it’s just that the last guy didn’t play to his strengths. Come in here and install an RPO scheme and everything will be great.”

Not saying Reich was good but I’d be careful believing any sudden revelations coming out about why he failed at his job, especially if those things tend to give the first overall pick a blank slate. He still has a lot to prove and the jury is very much out on whether he’s even an NFL starter, much less a guy who can lead you to titles. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I’m sure this is what Tepper is putting out there to make the job seem attractive for the next coach. “See, Bryce is fine, it’s just that the last guy didn’t play to his strengths. Come in here and install an RPO scheme and everything will be great.”

Not saying Reich was good but I’d be careful believing any sudden revelations coming out about why he failed at his job, especially if those things tend to give the first overall pick a blank slate. He still has a lot to prove and the jury is very much out on whether he’s even an NFL starter, much less a guy who can lead you to titles. 

That Alabama offense is working wonders up in NE right? 

• Beer 2

It doesnt really matter what offense we put Bryce in. We could cater to him and put him in rpo with an all-pro line, the best you could get from him is QB play you should expect from a good backup. Thats not what you want from a #1 overall QB that you traded so much more. He should be elite, but he isnt and never will be.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2