• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you're looking for an argument...

Mr. Scot

Just look at this 'guy' .. this is some 'Emperor Wearing No Clothes' type poo .. the NFL is trolling the fug out of this fanbase because fans say "..Cam had one good year he wasn't that good.." .. he had one good year because this team was trash around him, now you'll trade a ransom for PreK Bryce

1344.jpg.20eec4f00962585012c3b55304a9800a.jpg

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I'm no fan of Josh McDaniels, was absolutely thrilled we didn't hire him back in 2020. But I'll give him some credit for his work with Mac Jones. I felt going into that draft that Jones would never come close to being a franchise QB and would be a disaster for whatever team took him. Well that wound up being true, but McDaniels got 1 pretty damn good rookie year out of him while making the playoffs and then when he left Jones has gotten worse every single year. There are other variables but that is pretty notable.

All that said, I do not want McDaniels or any of the other Pats guys here in any capacity.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CanMan11 said:

Just look at this 'guy' .. this is some 'Emperor Wearing No Clothes' type poo .. the NFL is trolling the fug out of this fanbase because fans say "..Cam had one good year he wasn't that good.." .. he had one good year because this team was trash around him, now you'll trade a ransom for PreK Bryce

1344.jpg.20eec4f00962585012c3b55304a9800a.jpg

Oh my. Wtf is this ? Looks like a kid dressed up for Halloween. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Understanding what “consensus” means might help you out here.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2023/consensus-big-board-2023

We get it, you’re the smartest person in the room and you never liked Young, but maybe give it a rest every once in a while.

The size bros always have to overcompensate for something they're lacking. We all know what it is. Like the dude driving the jacked F350 with 35's and blowing coal. 

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But I was told that Bryce was the consensus #1 QB available, inside and outside of the Panthers organization. So this can't possibly be true.

I dont give 2 fugs what past scouts or analysts or talking heads say about rankings.  Nobody knows a goddamn thing about how teams rank players until the draft starts.  Mac jones was going #3, Fields was the second best qb in the draft, aaron rodgers was number 2, the list goes on and on and on.  We simply dont know how teams thought of young going into the draft.  But sure some of the posters can make themselves feel better if joe sixpack from espn had young ranked #1 overall.  

But more importantly how  the fug could anyone watch college tape and then watch the combine and pro days and honestly say Young was the better qb?

Edited by mrcompletely11

Beating a dead horse but every great thing that about BY leading up to the draft was just said and not seen, for me at least. All the great ball placement talk, being fast, great processor were things that people said that I did not see in his college game "film." In fact, everything they were saying about him I personally saw from Stroud, but those things weren't synonymous with Stroud. Sometimes, just passing the eye test is enough. 

• Flames 2