• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you're looking for an argument...

Mr. Scot

25 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Understanding what “consensus” means might help you out here.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2023/consensus-big-board-2023

We get it, you’re the smartest person in the room and you never liked Young, but maybe give it a rest every once in a while.

He can't. Every post has to be bryce bashing 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The very few remaining hope brigade holdouts are definitely the most entertaining part of the Huddle at this point. 😂

Whats even more entertaining is you closet Texans fans thinking drafting Stroud #1 overall would have made any difference with where we're at right now. We'd still have the worst collection of talent on the offensive side of the ball in the entire NFL with a rookie QB and a clueless HC. But please, go on, continue to think Stroud would be the only reason Frank Reich would still be employed by the Panthers. Anymore jokes you got for us today?

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Manna said:

Beating a dead horse but every great thing that about BY leading up to the draft was just said and not seen, for me at least. All the great ball placement talk, being fast, great processor were things that people said that I did not see in his college game "film." In fact, everything they were saying about him I personally saw from Stroud, but those things weren't synonymous with Stroud. Sometimes, just passing the eye test is enough. 

Main difference I’ve seen is Stroud’s best college attribute (Deep intermediate accuracy/placement) has translated flawlessly to the NFL, while Bryce’s (Playmaking ability and decision making) hasn’t really shown up. The state of our OL/WRs and a bad system fit don’t help either. 

• Pie 5

14 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Whats even more entertaining is you closet Texans fans thinking drafting Stroud #1 overall would have made any difference with where we're at right now. We'd still have the worst collection of talent on the offensive side of the ball in the entire NFL with a rookie QB and a clueless HC. But please, go on, continue to think Stroud would be the only reason Frank Reich would still be employed by the Panthers. Anymore jokes you got for us today?

It's not about now. Stroud gives us a future and Bryce gives us another swing at QB in 2025

59 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

The size bros always have to overcompensate for something they're lacking. We all know what it is. Like the dude driving the jacked F350 with 35's and blowing coal. 

It's not overcompensating. There are only a few NFL QBs 5'10" and under that have had any success in the NFL, the most recent being Kyler Murray (5'10"), who's success has been limited. Other than Murray, you're looking at Doug Flutie (5'10") in the 90's, Davey O'Brien (5'7") in the late 30s/40s, and Eddie LeBaron (5'7") in the 50's and 60's.

To ignore that Bryce needs to be a unicorn among unicorns in the modern NFL era to justify what we gave up to draft him is ridiculous. Questioning his ability to be a NFL franchise QB that could carry this team to a Super Bowl like Cam did is a completely legitimate and valid concern, based on NFL history and especially given what we have and haven't seen from him so far. Regardless of situation, there have been plays from Stroud and AR both that shows that they have the ability to be NFL caliber QBs. Even Levis has had a few moments that make you wonder if he has "it" and he wasn't considered a top 3 QB in this draft.

Yeah, there's justification to have doubts.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Understanding what “consensus” means might help you out here.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2023/consensus-big-board-2023

We get it, you’re the smartest person in the room and you never liked Young, but maybe give it a rest every once in a while.

It's a shame that legit voices with something to offer like yours will inevitably be drowned out by the ceaseless trolling that seems to animate this place these days.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Judo Thoreau said:

Main difference I’ve seen is Stroud’s best college attribute (Deep intermediate accuracy/placement) has translated flawlessly to the NFL, while Bryce’s (Playmaking ability and decision making) hasn’t really shown up. The state of our OL/WRs and a bad system fit don’t help either. 

More I watch Stroud now vs when he was at OSU..... Day didn't know what he had and throttled that young man... I wasn't on board because of what I saw at OSU... shoulda had a NAT...