• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn and activation window

raleigh-panther

55 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This year is irrelevant to Horn. 

I will say I think his mentality is weak.  He had a hamstring injury in week 1.  It's week 10.  Aaron Rodgers blew out his achilles.  Required surgery.  He returned to practice this week.  Think what you will about Rodgers, his mentality is not weak.  Also, Rodgers is 40 years old.  From the outside looking in, JC looks like a guy who just doesn't want to be here.

Right now, Horn is three years into a career and has played the equivalent of one.  I could be wrong, he could never be injured again and have an All Pro or even Hall of Fame career ahead.  History doesn't stand on his side right now.

Of course he doesn't want to be here. This is CMC all over again. Nagging injury keeps him out longer than expected, team is worse than expected, he just doesn't return. I told everyone not to be shocked if CMC suddenly got more durable if he gets out of here and goes to a contender. Now look at him in SF.

Guys don't want to be here. We're a dumpster fire. Would you honestly want to be here if you were a player? It's a paycheck while they're biding their time to get the hell out. Sons of former players tend to be a lot smarter about the business side of the game. Yeah, you might get praise for roughing it out through injuries on bad teams, but no one's going to be there for you of the injuries lessen your performance. You'll just get tossed to the side and the team and league will move on. You gotta look out for yourself. If there's something to play for, that's one thing. But it's an entirely different situation when you're playing on one of the worst teams in the league. That might not be what folks want to hear but that's reality.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Like I don’t blame him for making a business decision with our franchise floundering, but to fix the team culture, you need guys who actively aren’t making that business decision, but instead show toughness and team first behavior. 

It’s a pickle. 

And I’m assuming so perhaps he really is still hurt. I hope he’s sincere but you can never tell. 

Got his Daddy in his ear telling him to milk it.    All he has to do is say it still feels tight, and he is inactive.  Should be a clause in all contracts to cut their pay in half, if they can't get on the field during a season.  He is screwing his team over at this point.  Trade his lazy lying @ss and move on.

Edited by TarHeel69