• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russini: Some coaches wanted to bench Young

UNCrules2187

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, I think it's pretty obvious the coaches that wanted him benched. The three that are gone.

I could easily see Duce saying "Hey, my RBs can't find any room to run because the entire D is up on the line because your QB can't effectively throw more than about 15 yards!"

I don't necessarily see Duce being shy about what happened. He could technically be bound by a legal agreement of course, but there are ways...

Hence why I say things could get extremely ugly this offseason.

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, frankw said:

At one point Cam had the likes of Byron Bell and Nate Chandler at crucial ends of the line and still moved the ball. Also if I'm not mistaken through those best years the only RB to reach 1k yards rushing was Stewart and that was one season. Cam often times was the offense.

As far as our current line and the number of sacks please take the time to actually look up some information. The Giants are on pace to probably set some kind of record with 69 sacks given up. And they recently had a UDFA QB start and win a game for them. The Commanders are behind them with 55 sacks given up. The Jets have 47. We have 43. That's the correct information. You're welcome.

33 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Sam Howell has been sacked 15 more times than Bryce has.

I didn’t check it just going by the quote on Jones, guess I didn’t find it hard enough to believe to check it;

Young has already been sacked 40 times this season, second-most of any quarterback in the league and far outpacing all rookie quarterbacks. He is on pace to be sacked 64 times this season. That'd be the fourth-most sacks taken by any quarterback in NFL history with David Carr's staggering 76 in 2002 leading the way.

Don’t know where he got that. 

and yes a player was 150 yards away from what I posted so I guess that’ll make all the difference, and cams worst oline came in at 23 ranked and I believe Young’s is 31 if I’m not mistaken.

I mean I guess Young has a better situation in some way I can’t identify (?), guess I’m just not seeing it.

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

People texting Johnson to take the job is the worst part of this. Everyone working under tepper hates life. No way he comes here to coach 

As someone on here posted a two months ago: "Everyone wants to be a head coach. Working for Tepper won't be a deal breaker." 

I thought the guy who posted this was an idiot then and I still think he's a idiot.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They didn't have a choice. Just like they didn't have a choice when they wanted to bench him. Bryce Young is David Tepper's QB and this is David Tepper's team.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.  Reich was fired because Bryce was about to get benched after the last two games. Be damn what Tepper wanted. It wasn't some coaches, it was most of the offensive coaches involved.  Reich, McCown, Brown and Staley.

Couldn't really let Brown go, wouldn't have had enough staff on offense. So he got to stay. 

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

More exaggeration. Doesn't need to be league best. No where has anyone said something that stupid. He needs better than the worst collection of oline/rb/te/wr talent in the league. Period.

So you're telling me the same GM that assembled the worst collection of OL/RB/TE/WR talent in the league somehow made the correct pick at #1 overall?

• Pie 2