• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Comments about first game post-Reich?

mc52beast

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

In all honesty, if Thomas Brown had been better with his situational playcalling….I think we could have won.  Though he was bad in big moments throughout the game.   

I feel like this was the first game we actually saw Brown calling the game as he wanted to. I think those previous 3 games, he still had Reich dictating things. Overall it looked better and would hope it continues to improve as Brown gets more experience 

• Pie 1

I thought we looked better for sure.

The o line was a massive improvement today. Chubba looked good. Mingo was showing a lot of positives.

Bryce looked better today overall. Loved that he finally got a deep shot completed to Chark. It was under thrown but hopefully it can boost his confidence.

Still lacking a lot of speed and our routes are lame. 

The defense showed up yet again.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

It basically was the start of a HC making adjustments.  Stuff Frank should have started doing in the preseason.   More balance, more rushing, more under C.  I think we continue to see that going forward and building a play action game from under C

In all honesty, if Thomas Brown had been better with his situational playcalling….I think we could have won.  Though he was bad in big moments throughout the game.   

Yeah Brown kind of let me down today. 3rd and 1 and you don’t give Chuba a chance on both downs and you call a deep route. The announcers were begging for routes over the middle where the linebackers were down to 4th stringers but they were very few called. They really didn’t have many answers for blitzes as far as quick passes or hot routes. 
I know they only had one week to work with so hopefully it will get better as the season progresses. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, MtnJax said:

I feel like this was the first game we actually saw Brown calling the game as he wanted to. I think those previous 3 games, he still had Reich dictating things. Overall it looked better and would hope it continues to improve as Brown gets more experience 

Yeah, I’m not trying to bash him.  He is basically a green rookie that has to take lumps to.  Thought he did a poor job leading tot age first FG.  Hated it at the end.  But the big moments are the hardest.  He isn’t supposed to be good 

• Pie 1

Idk how much more clear it needs to be made for people, but it’s pretty damn obvious now. Frank wasn’t the problem, Bryce is.

Frank was trying to mask Young’s deficiencies  but the Tepper’s wanted to see their little boy shine.

100 yards and two TDs from the running back and he still couldn’t get it done. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Brown kind of let me down today. 3rd and 1 and you don’t give Chuba a chance on both downs and you call a deep route. The announcers were begging for routes over the middle where the linebackers were down to 4th stringers but they were very few called. They really didn’t have many answers for blitzes as far as quick passes or hot routes. 
I know they only had one week to work with so hopefully it will get better as the season progresses. 

Yeah, Wilks’ first game was horrible O.  It’s going to take a minute to actually shift this O.   First game and they had more O and points than the team has averaged on the year.   So there are some positives. 

I was disappointed in Thomas Brown but try to keep that in perspective.  Frank never let him get ready for the season as a legit playcaller.  Everything is a first for him.  He has lots of learning to do on the job.  And Brown doesn’t even know what these people can do when asked to be different.  Lot of moments he errored in going to Bryce over Hubbard and the run game in big moments. 

• Pie 2

It looked like the kind of game that Dalton wins by 17. It looked like Bryce couldn’t throw the ball to the guy on the other end of the bench. It looked like we are a more talented team than we get credit for. 

We ship Burns and Horn for some legit first round talent. We draft a legit qb.  We keep the current coaching staff intact for next season

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Idk how much more clear it needs to be made for people, but it’s pretty damn obvious now. Frank wasn’t the problem, Bryce is.

Frank was trying to mask Young’s deficiencies  but the Tepper’s wanted to see their little boy shine.

100 yards and two TDs from the running back and he still couldn’t get it done. 

I mean, Wilks first game we debated if he  was intentionally trying to lose and throw the game. 

I’d like to see the next couple weeks play out and time to work on an under C game. Default today was the old Frank O that these people now.