• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Vs Saints 1PM Gameday Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• The thing is, he was pitched as a lower risk, lower ceiling QB that was basically ready to play out of the gate. Turns out, the higher risk, higher ceiling guy in Stroud was the actual ready to play QB from that draft. I realize that there is no reasonable scenario where we make that trade and sit Bryce Young but the reality is, he would have benefited perhaps the most from largely being a 2nd or 3rd string QB for 2-3 seasons to work on all his flaws and get adjusted to the NFL level. I can't say he'd be an elite QB at the end of that, but I don't think he would be trending bust as rapidly as he currently is.
    • And quite a bit of that was him never really tightening up his throwing mechanics until his arm was already shot.  He said he bought too much into that Superman mentality on his podcast. I think that was another element of that. His arm was so fuging strong that he just never really thought he needed to focus on tightening up that aspect of his game, IMO. Well, literally not until his arm had already been destroyed.
    • Yes but he had previous shoulder issues. That was the very large nail in that coffin. Sadly, I am not sure Cam's arm is much stronger than Bryce. We remember him in New England and his return here. The decline was really far.  Given how recent his league MVP and SB appearance was to his career ending(effectively) injury, he will go down as one of the biggest "what could have been" stories of this era. Very, very sad.