• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The best way to evaluate Young

Brent Gregory

Bryce will play every game this year and at least 50% of games next year.

He’ll either improve or he’ll give us another #1 overall pick.

Side note: Scott wanted to give the Bears TWO 1st rounders instead of DJ. Can you imagine not having a 2025 1st with this poo show?

2 hours ago, Score Board said:

Will Levis o-line is worst than the Panthers. Yall realize Bryce is ranked 33rd in the league. There is only 32 teams. I’m tired of the excuses 

I looked it up they got ThrockMorton at Right Guard, 3rd string Right Tackle first year ever starting, a 3rd string 6th round rookie at Left Tackle, a rookie Left Guard, and a UDFA 6’1 270 pound center playing the position for his first time. It can be worse than our putrid line, and the QB can still produce.

• Beer 3

4 hours ago, Tbe said:

Bryce will play every game this year and at least 50% of games next year.

He’ll either improve or he’ll give us another #1 overall pick.

Side note: Scott wanted to give the Bears TWO 1st rounders instead of DJ. Can you imagine not having a 2025 1st with this poo show?

I think he's gonna have a sophomore slump.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, d-dave said:

Honestly, I don't care if Dalton does come in and play like the great vintage Andy Dalton.  So what?  He's not the future.  Instead, the Panthers need to figure out if Bryce is the future.  Of course Dalton would look great if he came in, that whole backup QB bump and the fact he's got 13 years more experience than Bryce.  Duh.  So it would then make sense for Bryce to get more experience to be better, right?

It's ing to be up to the next coach and GM to figure out if Young can be a NFL QB or not.  Unless Tepper continues to interfere with football ops, which has been a disaster since day 1.

The team isn't moving on from Bryce Young until 2025 at the earliest.  You don't sell the farm for Bryce only to turn around in 12 months for a new rookie QB, a round 2 QB at that.

You summed it up nicely and completly.

I support this, let's see what Dalton can do the last 4 games against the #11, 19, 24, and 27 rated defenses in the NFL.  (Seattle is 28th)

I am not saying Bryce has played against the best defenses in all his starts, but the Falcons game could be a good comparison.  The Packers defense has been playing better, but who knows which team shows up.

Anyways, I agree with the majority - Dalton needs to play and BY needs to sit and see how things go.

21 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

The evaluation is done, he is bust that fuging sucks. He cant run a simple NFL offense. You have to play him in the pistol and shotgun and his footwork is fuging terrible. 

Do us all a favor and move on.

Sad thing is the writing was on the wall before draft night. The staff knew his count for lining up under center was essentially zero. 

There is no way to make an evaluation of the long-term capabilities of Bryce at this point, for better or worse. There are sooo many problems with this team from his performance to offensive line to sloth-like receivers to the late introduction of a decent running game to some of the worst coaching ever to the massively bad trade for the #1 pick to the meddling/micro-managing ownership to bad field conditions... et al.

Right now, trying to evaluate Bryce's potential would be like trying to find out if one particular turd stinks less than the others in the pile of horseshit.

There is just no clinical way to make a judgement other than he has sucked so far this year. Will he get better? I have no idea. I know that Tua took time to blossom in Miami. On the other side of the Alabama QB carousel, Mac Jones even regressed over time in New England. So we can't even use that as benchmark for how Bryce will turn out.

Right now, honestly, I'd just like to see some kind of emotion from Bryce that this stuff matters to him, that he can put some fire under himself and his teammates to will things to a win. We haven't seen even a shred of that. 

• Beer 2

33 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

There is no way to make an evaluation of the long-term capabilities of Bryce at this point, for better or worse. There are sooo many problems with this team from his performance to offensive line to sloth-like receivers to the late introduction of a decent running game to some of the worst coaching ever to the massively bad trade for the #1 pick to the meddling/micro-managing ownership to bad field conditions... et al.

Right now, trying to evaluate Bryce's potential would be like trying to find out if one particular turd stinks less than the others in the pile of horseshit.

There is just no clinical way to make a judgement other than he has sucked so far this year. Will he get better? I have no idea. I know that Tua took time to blossom in Miami. On the other side of the Alabama QB carousel, Mac Jones even regressed over time in New England. So we can't even use that as benchmark for how Bryce will turn out.

Right now, honestly, I'd just like to see some kind of emotion from Bryce that this stuff matters to him, that he can put some fire under himself and his teammates to will things to a win. We haven't seen even a shred of that. 

But there is a way. Good video and really spot on and fair. 

There’s no way to evaluate Young the rest of the season. The coaching staff is mailing it in, the players don’t give a sh*t, they’ve given up. Bryce is f*cking awful right now and should be benched.

Could he improve? Of course. Is the offensive line bad? Yep. Are his WRs JAGs aside from an aging Thielen? Yep. Is the scheme a complete joke? Yep. Is the playcalling juvenile? Yep. Is the mood in the building suicidal? Probably. 

Next year there will be a new coaching staff, hopefully more talent on offense, and renewed optimism. Bryce will get what will probably be his final shot to be the Panthers starting QB. He needs to show something, anything really, to show progress and growth as an NFL QB. If he doesn’t then this was the worst trade in NFL history and Bryce might not last 3 years in the NFL. He could have a great career as an NFL commentator or possibly a coach. 

• Beer 1