• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want at 33?

t96

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's another serious arm strength question for me. He throws a really floaty ball. Helluva college QB but I'm honestly not big on Penix as an NFL prospect 

At Indiana or Washington?  Dude does not throw a floaty ball now, maybe a couple of years ago.

Oh, did you see who your boys got in the transfer portal at QB?

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

The team needs talent across the board. That said, until a new coach is hired, it's hard to say what is needed most since we don't know what scheme the new HC will want to run. Take Oline for example. If the new guy wants to run a zone scheme, new Oline will be a priority. If he wants to stay withe the power running scheme, then that pick can be used on something else.

It won't take a new coach to figure out: What is needed most is GOOD players at just about every position.

18 minutes ago, Hogan said:

It won't take a new coach to figure out: What is needed most is GOOD players at just about every position.

As this season has proven, scheme matters. Just because a guy is good in man blocking, doesn't mean he can zone block. Same is true for corners that can cover zones, but not man. Or slow receivers running go routes.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, jd12099 said:

If he's still there, we should take Keon Coleman from FSU or Brian Thomas Jr from LSU. Both are 6'4". I know we have had a tough time with Terrace Marshall Jr cause he's from LSU and also not very good but eventually something has got to give with drafting a WR. 

Sounds like the theory that you can't take a QB from Ohio State.  

Ja'marr Chase is pretty good

3 hours ago, jopie87 said:

Whoever is the player that is the consensus "wow, I can't believe they didn't get taken in round 1" player is. Position is irrelevant. Or trade back and acquire picks if a team is dumb enough to offer a lot.

No more "consensus" players please

• Beer 1

I’ve been enjoying Troy Franklin but he needs more polished route running for our needs.

I’d say the best combo of quick and quality route runner to make it a seamless transition.

We have needs all over but an offensive playmaker is the obvious void the size of a black hole. If they want Bryce to do well, they get him one. We need offense in this joint. If they’re not giving up on Bryce, give him the best playmaker possible. WR is preferred but I’m fine with a RB or TE.

Just look what the Lions did with Gibbs and LaPorta. And this is a saucy TE class as well.

I've already stated Egbuka. We have to get playmakers. I'll consider a QB if the right one falls. But as far as that's concerned, this is a fairly deep class of prospects, so it may be better to take your chances later and grab a WR and a TE in the meantime. We have too many spots to upgrade and not enough picks.