• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we seriously consider Evero for head coach?

PleaseCutStewart

I know we will want some offensive genius to make our offense not god awful, but I feel like we need to give some appreciation to how amazing of a job Evero has done with the defense this year, despite the defense not having a ton of talent + suffering a lot of injuries while the offense constantly puts them in bad situations.

I'm afraid we will lose him when we hire our new coaching staff and I would be pretty depressed if that happens. This isn't the same scenario as Wilks, who is a great Ra ra ra coach but a terrible X's and o's coach (and frankly not even a very good DC)

Opinions on whether y'all would want Evero as head coach or not.

• Pie 5

I definitely think he deserves some consideration.  I don't think it will happen unless Evero a/o someone on the Panthers FO "staff" can get a REAL offensive coordinator.  I really think Evero would be the type of head coach to be hands off and let his coaching staff coach...I think he's a good leader and is well respected.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I definitely think he deserves some consideration.  I don't think it will happen unless Evero a/o someone on the Panthers FO "staff" can get a REAL offensive coordinator.  I really think Evero would be the type of head coach to be hands off and let his coaching staff coach...I think he's a good leader and is well respected.

Well said and completely agree

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, RJK said:

He doesn’t want the job 

exactly. dude has seen this org from the inside and wants nothing to do with it

to keep him, you'd have to offer full control: name the GM, OC, full staff, and probably team president if we're being serious. There's no other way you'd stick around with a bunch of people to stab you in the back. 

• Pie 3