• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we seriously consider Evero for head coach?

PleaseCutStewart

if i had tepper's ear, i'd point out building a team around the running game and defense would take advantage of market inefficiencies since everyone in the league is obsessed with offense. This would give them an advantage on acquiring defensive players and running backs, and would allow them to become competitive more quickly than if they were trying to build an offensive based team from scratch...again.

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

if i had tepper's ear, i'd point out building a team around the running game and defense would take advantage of market inefficiencies since everyone in the league is obsessed with offense. This would give them an advantage on acquiring defensive players and running backs, and would allow them to become competitive more quickly than if they were trying to build an offensive based team from scratch...again.

He already knows all these things. David Tepper is a time traveling genius, remember? He’s 5 million steps ahead. Forget 4D chess, playing rounds of Gukungo with Cyberplex robots from the year 5381. The Panthers being bad is part of a much larger plan to save the world from the incoming invasion of hyper intelligent machines from the way distant future where bones become money.

I had the thought, but man, we need him doing what he is doing.  Out of curiosity, I would like to know how many times an internal promotion leads to success--or is it better to move on to a different organization.  I was promoted once from a peon to a managerial dweeb, and it was difficult to get people to see me in my new role.  Just a thought.

35 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I had the thought, but man, we need him doing what he is doing.  Out of curiosity, I would like to know how many times an internal promotion leads to success--or is it better to move on to a different organization.  I was promoted once from a peon to a managerial dweeb, and it was difficult to get people to see me in my new role.  Just a thought.

Depends.  If he was a positional coach or lower, then yeah, but OCs/DCs are just a step below, many times holding the title of assistant HC.  I don't think the team would resist that. 

However, I wouldn't want him out of his role as DC.  Either he holds duel roles or he has to hire someone who thinks just as he does as the new DC.  Either one of those scenarios is a stretch.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, csx said:

If we are lucky. 

And if so then no stupid conditions about who his staff is. 

Evero was actually allowed to hire his own guys on defense.     I think all of the coaches had worked together including Capers.

It wasn't the hodge podge that the offensive staff was.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Y'all realize that our defense isn't very good either, right?

It has been the least stinky turd in the pile, but that doesn't make great.

Let's just move on from everything associated with this season.

With the injuries this year he has had to make do with whatever warm bodies he had. No one could have done better, and the players haven’t quit on him.