• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we seriously consider Evero for head coach?

PleaseCutStewart

8 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

I do watch the games which is why saying that the defense sucks is fuging insanity

Rather, the defense as a reflection of Evero's coaching, is overachieving & good given the circumstances

Evero is an incredible DC.  Look at what he has done in consecutive seasons in Denver & Carolina with terrible offenses.  

And while personally I don't think this is the worst overall team in history (I think 2010 was the worst talent wise), this team does play the worst complimentary football of any team in franchise history.

• Pie 2

I wouldn't be shocked. It would allow Tepper to keep a lot of his staff and probably Tabor too. Then you would only have to rebuild your offensive staff. The question is who do you bring in as OC?

Kellen Moore who could have some trouble finding a HC gig after attaching himself to Staley? 

Somebody like Greg Roman, Bill O'Brien, or Eric Bienemy? Sure you could probably get EB from Ron's fired staff but he ranks 12th in passing and 24th in rushing. If that really an offensive guru?

On 12/18/2023 at 8:40 AM, Khyber53 said:

Y'all realize that our defense isn't very good either, right?

It has been the least stinky turd in the pile, but that doesn't make great.

Let's just move on from everything associated with this season.

Considering how little our offense has done and all the injuries, our defense has done very well. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

Considering how little our offense has done and all the injuries, our defense has done very well. 

Like I said, least stinky turd in the pile.

That's not a real Carolina defense. Haven't seen one of those since Luke retired. It used to be our hallmark and should be our standard.

But we may have packed that away with Keep Pounding. Sad how far we've fallen so quickly.

This is a good defense only in comparison to our offense. That's not a high mark on the wall to clear, yanno? Time to restart, yet again, and hope we can get back to our roots.

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

That's not a real Carolina defense. Haven't seen one of those since Luke retired. It used to be our hallmark and should be our standard.

But we may have packed that away with Keep Pounding. Sad how far we've fallen so quickly.

This is a good defense only in comparison to our offense. That's not a high mark on the wall to clear, yanno? Time to restart, yet again, and hope we can get back to our roots.

This unit is still transitioning too an odd-front as its' base. He was sifting through guys like Tuttle, Williams and Houston off the scrap heap. 

Let him have a more prominent role in the decision making process as HCs do. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I don't think anybody here is arguing that our defense is elite talent wise. What we are arguing is that Evero is somehow making a bottom 10 (possibly bottom 5) talent defense look pretty damn good.

You put Luke, TD, Shaq, prime Norman, and all of the great pass rushers we had on this defense and I'm sure Evero would have them playing as good, if not better, than our best D years of the mid-late 2010s

• Pie 1

If he has a legit OC and QB coach ready, why not? Unlike last year, this new HC group is meh for me*. 

Plus do allll the "yea this defense isnt that good" people know that the panthers were 4-3 last year?? Most of the FA funds were used on offense. Ill repeat what others have said about injuries, no horn or shaq for most of the year. Bell, wooods, djack, chinn, burns, ygm, henderson, houston among others have alll missed a few games. 

In the short time, pitty offense, and not much talent. He couldnt do a much better job. If not for the defense I'd stop watching this year.