• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers might hang on to Ejiro Evero

TheSpecialJuan

3 hours ago, CRA said:

this is all bad news IMO. 

good luck attracting a quality HC....when the owner is going to dictate his staff.  Again.   

Yup sounds like Tepper hasn’t learned anything. He’s just gonna keep doing his thing until he finally lucks into a decent staff and then he’ll pay himself on the back. That approach could take decades

• Beer 1

Obviously you should let your new head coach decide on his own staff. But for any DC under consideration you would have to put Evero in the top 3 of any possible candidates. I'm significantly less concerned about keeping Evero through a new staff as I am someone like Tabor who seems to be one of Tepper's buds.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, frankw said:

Obviously you should let your new head coach decide on his own staff. But for any DC under consideration you would have to put Evero in the top 3 of any possible candidates. I'm significantly less concerned about keeping Evero through a new staff as I am someone like Tabor who seems to be one of Tepper's buds.

It's not about Evero, who I agree is possibly the best DC candidate anyways. It's about Tepper continuing to insert himself into the football ops which is a huge huge issue. This report shouldn't be coming out now at all. It should be, new HC (picked by GM, picked by advisors) picks his own staff. If that winds up being Evero who is already here, then great. But if a new HC wants to bring his Phil Snow with him then he needs to be able to do that.

• Pie 2

21 hours ago, CRA said:

this is all bad news IMO. 

good luck attracting a quality HC....when the owner is going to dictate his staff.  Again.   

But the People in the other thread told me there were no such things as Tepper guys, but he is going to try and force Campen, Tabor, and now Evero on his new HC.  

Again, why are we going to insist that we bring in a new HC but give them less control over their staff?  I have a lot of respect for the Evero has done this season with the injuries and lack of talent for a 3-4 front.  He's one of the top defensive coaches in the league, he's only 42, and he's got the chops for be a coach. 

That being said, you can suggest, but you can't force a DC onto a new coach, especially a first time coach.  I think Tim Donnelly on 99.9 said it best: if you're an offensive coach, the DC needs to be your best friend.  Someone you can trust, because their work is going to go on your record.  

I think Evero is a great DC, great coach, and looks the part of the HC.  It won't be much longer before he gets a HC job.

• Pie 1