• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Dave Tepper willing to pay $15 million for Ben Jonson

TheSpecialJuan

Well that's not a surprise. It's the guy that he's wanted for more than year. Tepper's going to do whatever it takes to get his guy. The Walmart guys aren't in the market, and  other owners probably aren't going to go to that exetent to get Johnson. If you're a betting man, put your money on Johnson to be the next HC.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I mean it in a sense that we have no idea where we are gonna be by February and it’s gonna be twists and turn city here.

My point is, winning the press conference doesn’t mean anything to me anymore. Some of the best coaches in the league received very little fanfare. Recent examples are the Eagles and the Dolphins current HCs. Heck, we rejected the Cowboys coach only to see him turn them into a consistent winner. It’s just hard to know how things are going to go until the games start. 

Of course, getting competent personnel decision makers in place and convincing Tepper to stay away would be major progress. 

• Pie 1

Genuinely could not care less how much Tepper pays or wants to pay Ben Johnson. Coaches salaries don't count against the cap and Tepper clearly does not care if he has to spend money or not. 

Johnson is my number 1 guy this offseason, and Tepper has wanted him since last coaching cycle, so if it truly comes down to money Tepper probably won't allow himself to be outbid. My only question arises if he doesn't land him again. Because its been so widely reported how all in he is on him, it's gonna be so obvious that if he doesn't get him that whoever he hires instead is a second option lol.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The fact that Tepper wants him scares me.

Everything he touches turns to shitt. I'm starting to lean towards Evero. At least we know what we have with him. Hire a good OC and it might be our best option.

It’s his influence. The meetings weekly and making coaches do it the Tepper way. You need to run more screens because I saw Sean Payton do it. 

That’s the $hitt you are referencing…. He has to stop.

Edited by Beast_3000
  • Pie 1