• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam taking shots at Mike Florio...

CamWhoaaCam

This is sorta dumb honestly. Cam was a great player when he played before the injuries and put on a good show. Once they retire and go all over social media with hot takes it’s usually annoying at best. You will never recapture the relevance of your playing days where you had a captive audience of millions every week. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

I don't think it's about relevancy as much as it's about he's doing things no different than anyone else in the sports industry through social media. He had an opinion that has since been proven right after folks within the same media sphere went after him. From a Panthers fan I think it's good to see him living his best life. It's just YouTube. Do your thing Cam. Subscribed.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

This is sorta dumb honestly. Cam was a great player when he played before the injuries and put on a good show. Once they retire and go all over social media with hot takes it’s usually annoying at best. You will never recapture the relevance of your playing days where you had a captive audience of millions every week. 

Why does everything have to be interpreted as someone looking for attention? He played the game his whole life now he is not allowed to talk about it after he is done? I will never understand this concept.

• Flames 1

Cam largely has always made a lot of good points.  They aren't always well received because of the delivery and style he gives them. 

1.  Cam was right to speak out against media trying to treat him like some kid in his mom's basement.   I mean, the absurdity of that should of been called out.  Cam actually knows football and has done it at a higher level than most that have ever suited up.  The media is worried about athletes that can do what they do, better than they do it, and on their own.  At the current rate, all the talking heads audience is going to old folks.  And then they lose their jobs. 

2.  Most of the football world media aren't journalist.   Those are rare.  I mean, reporting on the facts of the game and what is going on? I'll take that all day.  Which is what they SHOULD be.  Last thing I need to see is another TV show with a variation of everyone doing their own version of Stephen A or Skip.   They are clickbait talking heads.  And Cam is right, he could play football and do what they do.  They can't say the same. 

5 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Cam is rich you're broke.

Get over it. He has a million followers it's not like people aren't paying attention to him still.

4 hours ago, frankw said:

I don't think it's about relevancy as much as it's about he's doing things no different than anyone else in the sports industry through social media. He had an opinion that has since been proven right after folks within the same media sphere went after him. From a Panthers fan I think it's good to see him living his best life. It's just YouTube. Do your thing Cam. Subscribed.

This is really all he is doing. If you can make a good living off of it why not do it. Life goes on after football.

• Beer 1

An opinion piece carries far more weight when it comes from someone whom has lived it. Cam has lived it. Olsen has lived it. SS89 has lived it. They have knowledge and experience that people respect. I think a lot of ‘journalists’ are jealous because a player’s take will always carry far more clout than theirs. 

The Cam ‘routes?’ Controversy exemplifies this. His incredulity was justifiable, but… insensitive… boo hoo. The outrage created by the media was because he took a shot at one of their own. Not bc she was a woman.