• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Of course I got an AU "mystery" Bumpboxx.

top dawg

I've been looking at the Bumpboxx Flare 8 for maybe four years or so, but have always been too cheap to get it because I just knew it was inferior sounding to my Aiwa Exos9 (which it is). So when Bumpboxx emailed me 60 percent off for a mystery Flare 8, I just couldn't resist. Well I was hoping I wouldn't get UT, but when I came home and saw the Auburn Tigers unit on the porch, I was like, "Fúck me!" And, yes, the idiots sent it right in the box, without an outer box or parcel wrapping.  and the mail carrier left it on the porch in broad daylight (idiot). But I digress...

As some of you should know, I am a UGA alum, so I was highly annoyed. But, I knew the deal, and I'm cheap when it comes to fully gratuitous luxury items.  Well, I immediately started thinking of a solution. I am not finished, as I have more vinyl decals coming and new speaker rings (the ones you see are covered in electrical tape---ugly orange motherfúckers). As you can see from the pics, it still has a legacy of AU (hence the additional decals coming), but I've at least got those ugly grills off.

20231227_203224.thumb.jpg.93181293af673f8a573dcfd6cbaa49a5.jpg

For $160, I'd say that the speaker is worth it by the way. I'll probably have put in another $75-$100 dollars in it once I'm done. It has a few equalizer presets and the sound isn't as clear as I'd like. It's also a big, heavy submitch (try the Flare6 if you don't want to handle it), but still totally worth it. 

20231227_205244.thumb.jpg.be8f12c2b22d4aa6b27aa6694623e1ed.jpg

But that's the only way I was going to get a Panthers box anyway, as Bumpboxx has no NFL license.

Keep Pounding! I am.

20231227_210947.thumb.jpg.57ccb53049e820b8dadcec68f5db3beb.jpg

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, App Panther said:

Is this the thing Deebo Samuel walked out with? 

Yep it's a Bumpboxx (though not a Flare8). They've stopped selling some models. That's an old V3S, I believe. The Uprock was stupid big. The Flare8 is big enough.

Edited by top dawg

7 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

I'm officially old. I don't get it. Congratulations if this is cool and awesome. Now excuse me there are some kids about to walk in my yard...not on my watch. 

If you're old enough to not know what a boombox is, I'm surprised you're able to use a computer, or still be on this side of the grass.

• Pie 1

Looks like it's a bluetooth boombox with an avg. $399.99 retail value: https://bumpboxx.com/

So if I'm picking up what the OP is putting down, he stickered over an Auburn one with Panthers insignias?

Seems like it could be a fun tailgate piece I suppose, but not putting that in my house haha. 

...but I'm a more minimalist prick/audiophile, I only trust certain brands when it comes to any form of audio purchase (headsets, speakers, studio monitors, players, preamps, etc.).  And it has to have a clean, timeless design.  

Fun stuff though I suppose.