• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

2 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Yeah even though we're likely missing out on Johnson there are so many other good candidates and we should land one of them. 

MacDonald is probably my favorite as of now (subtracting Johnson), but I also won't be complaining at all with Callahan, Smith, Canales, Morris, or Monken. Speaking of Monken, if any of you listen to The Roar they finally released an episode yesterday and they made a very convincing case for Monken. I'd be fine with him.

I'll have to check it out bc he's the only guy I wouldn't feel that great about.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

They reckon Harbaugh is worth about $35m.

I can't imagine he's going to walk away from the pinnacle of his career, winning a National Championship for his alma mater, for pure cash. He's going to walk away for legacy - winning a Super Bowl.

No coach is winning a Super Bowl in Charlotte in the next five years. 

add onto this that his brother already has a super bowl win, over him no less, and could very well win a second this year. Jim has to be zeroed in on winning a championship as his only goal. having a championship at both the NCAA and NFL level would give him a special status, even in his very well accomplished family.

Are we being secretive? I feel like last go around, tons of info was getting leaked and insiders were saying a lot more. This year, it feels like not as much is being said besides “coach x interviews today” type of stuff. Do they have something planned, or am I just not seeing people report on what’s going on? 

I hope he hires the 2 positions of GM and VP-Football Operation a package deal before hiring the head coach whether GM: Alec Halaby/Ed Dodds/Dan Morgan/Brandon Brown and then for VP-Football Operations: either Brandt Tilis/Alec Halaby/Nick Matteo/Khai Harley/Mike Disner! Then for HC: Ben Johnson/Mike Macdonald/Todd Monkin/Bobby Slowik/Ejiro Evero!

2 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Are we being secretive? I feel like last go around, tons of info was getting leaked and insiders were saying a lot more. This year, it feels like not as much is being said besides “coach x interviews today” type of stuff. Do they have something planned, or am I just not seeing people report on what’s going on? 

Yeah it’s locked down super tight. Likely due to oversight of the advisory group and less people being involved. They know they are at a disadvantage and aren’t going to show their hand anymore than they have to. 

I believe the Champ Kelly reports are made up for misdirection. It didn’t come out until the following day when the Panthers were meeting with Halaby who is the young Havard graduate for the Eagles who runs the analytics department and serves as AGM under Roseman. 

Sportsology also helped out the Eagles a few years back and are likely very familiar with him already.

I’m not saying he will get it, but it was odd how the Champ Kelly news leaked right after Halaby’s interview. The news is also beneficial to Kelly by demonstrating to the Raiders that they may have competition if they wish to retain him.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I’m not saying he will get it, but it was odd how the Champ Kelly news leaked right after Halaby’s interview. The news is also beneficial to Kelly by demonstrating to the Raiders that they may have competition if they wish to retain him.

I like the little game being played there. Humans by nature are loss-averse, so suggesting to the Raiders that they might lose Kelly might force their hand.

On 1/12/2024 at 2:58 PM, Leaky_Faucet said:

I think they are done with Howell. One of the reasons I have been thinking Johnson would go to Washington would be his ability to get Williams or Maye. New GM, New HC, New QB. 

Yeah as much as I liked Howell, Brissett had the offense looking way better. They are positioned get one of the big 2, it would be wise to take one. 

28 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

falcons knocking out there rooney rule guys today... Makes me think they are going to hire BB

Yeah I really think BB is happening there.  Blank wants him.  He's got a talented roster sans QB.  Watch them get BB and land Cousins in FA.    

• Flames 1

In the last 24 hours, reports that Sirianni could be gone with an L, Tomlin could take a hiatus after this season, and obviously some have speculated about McCarthy’s safety if the Cowboys flop in the playoffs.

Any of these coming open would be brutal for us. Multiple coming open would especially sting.

• Pie 1