• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

23 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Panthers wanna date everyone’s girlfriend and dangle a ring, but you can’t take our current girlfriend to the movies.  

Tep is going to force staff on the new hire again smdh. Tabor is a good coach but he's also Teppers Mole he's got to go. No more brown nosers

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Geez ol' Pete got to thinking Geno Smith was going to pull a Nick Foles and go on a fairy tale postseason run. I can see why they said thanks no thanks.

We WISH we had a coach with Pete Carroll’s record.  

His down years are 10 wins with Geno Smith…we did that a handful of times with Ron and Cam Newton. 

From PFT on the current coaching carousel

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/an-early-look-at-where-the-coaching-carousel-could-land

Panthers: “Who fuging knows.”

That’s the direct quote from a high-level source with one of the NFL’s teams, other than the Panthers. Owner David Tepper looms over all decisions, and he will hover over the shoulder of whoever gets the job. It’s the least attractive option of all (in my opinion), given that the owner is the most active (and disruptive) to the efforts of the coach to do his job.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, UnluckyforSome said:

From PFT on the current coaching carousel

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/an-early-look-at-where-the-coaching-carousel-could-land

Panthers: “Who fuging knows.”

That’s the direct quote from a high-level source with one of the NFL’s teams, other than the Panthers. Owner David Tepper looms over all decisions, and he will hover over the shoulder of whoever gets the job. It’s the least attractive option of all (in my opinion), given that the owner is the most active (and disruptive) to the efforts of the coach to do his job.

That's Florio, he hates Tepper as much as Panthers fans so there's an inherent bias.  Not necessarily wrong though haha

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Makes perfect sense to me. Carroll is on the wrong side of 70. I have to imagine developing a rookie QB isn't high on his list of things to do. Meanwhile, the Seahawks likely see Geno as a guy who probably isn't good enough to win a SB. 

I've been saying for awhile now that Carroll would probably be resistant to drafting a QB. 

31 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Bo Nix makes a good deal of sense regionally and for where they are picking in the draft.

Nix and Penix both have BUST written all over them. Always beware the guys who all of a sudden look elite playing against kids when they're the age of a lot of 2nd or even 3rd year pros. Burrow is the only guy I can come up with off the top of my head who fit that mold who proved to actually be NFL elite.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1