• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Evil Hurney said:

Possibly missed in this is those are the ONLY two teams he has agreed to interview with thus far. 👀

Every team except the Raiders have requested; although the Raiders appear to be keeping things quiet.

That's something I missed too...

Interesting 🤔

9 hours ago, OldhamA said:

How do you know it's not the other way round/

Maybe they don't want to interview for us - we're not a quick fix.

It is the other way around. None of the top tier will interview because they do not want to work for Tepper and this putrid organization. They want to go where they can win. Carolina is where coaches and quarterbacks go to die.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For what it's worth, ESPN made their predictions for the open jobs. Dan Graziano had us hiring Brian Callahan.

They predicted Johnson to the Commanders.

Rationale sounded a lot like throwing darts at a board. Don't think any of the media folks this time around really know who Tepper has in the #2 spot if/when Johnson goes elsewhere. 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 3

Hopefully since there is a team of folks hired for our coaching search, there aren’t any moles in the operation, and we are interviewing more than we think. 

But, you would think the hot (not physically) candidates would be spotted in the airport or around town. /shrugs/

9 minutes ago, KBRed said:

Hopefully since there is a team of folks hired for our coaching search, there aren’t any moles in the operation, and we are interviewing more than we think. 

But, you would think the hot (not physically) candidates would be spotted in the airport or around town. /shrugs/

Don't teams have to make that information public?  Don't think they can just interview a candidate on the low without anyone finding out, but I could be wrong.  Because they have to put the request in through the NFL anyway (not sure how that works with college coaches though).

31 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Rationale sounded a lot like throwing darts at a board. Don't think any of the media folks this time around really know who Tepper has in the #2 spot if/when Johnson goes elsewhere. 

Part of the discussion was that NFL people question whether candidates will want to tie their futures to David Tepper.

19 minutes ago, KBRed said:

Can we get a list of the physically hot candidates? That’s who we should be focusing on.

• The D 1

9 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

we have a very solid defense in place already. we’re not in as bad a shape as the doomsayers in here let on. 

I agree. However, this love for an OC coach bothers me. There aren’t too many Shanahans around the league. I would rather go after a good defensive coordinator than a good Offensive coordinator, but the cupboard is a bit bear this time. I’ll be honest Harbaugh is the best Home Run hire of a generation. Belichick would at least get us competitive. I really don’t love any of the coordinators this time. Johnson is ok, but not a home run. If we can’t get Harbaugh, Belichick, or Johnson we should just promote Evero

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I agree. However, this love for an OC coach bothers me. There aren’t too many Shanahans around the league. I would rather go after a good defensive coordinator than a good Offensive coordinator, but the cupboard is a bit bear this time. I’ll be honest Harbaugh is the best Home Run hire of a generation. Belichick would at least get us competitive. I really don’t love any of the coordinators this time. Johnson is ok, but not a home run. If we can’t get Harbaugh, Belichick, or Johnson we should just promote Evero

Agree with this. The Ravens DC is intriguing, but he would have to beat out Evero in my mind if your first 3 turn us down. Also, it’ll blow my mind if we don’t interview Harbaugh.