• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pete Carroll

t96

Personally, I think Johnson is going to Washington. He has a pick to get his franchise QB, and will be given free reign over an offense that has some key pieces already. People are underestimating Josh Harris, he will get somebody like Adam Peters and lure Ben Johnson in. 

I think Gus Bradley, Dave Canales, or Dan Quinn end up in Seattle. They are a sentimental fan base and I can see them bringing one of their own back.

• Beer 1

Pete the Cheat broke every rule in the book at USC and F’d the program so badly they still ain’t recovered and took a promotion to the NFL. 

that play call in the Super Bowl against the Pats that lost them the game - IMO that’s the single worst play call I’ve ever seen. Sure, the panthers offense was a joke this year and also called horrible plays routinely but pound for pound, the magnitude of the game, legacies on the line—— that is the worst play call in NFL history at least in my life time. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I had a conversation with some old college teammates and they asked me, "What coach would you want to play for in the NFL?"  It was too hard for stupid former football players who were retelling ancient memories and exaggerated war stories that defy the actual statistics and facts, but here was my Mt. Rushmore:

1. Andy Reid

2. Pete Carroll

3. Mike Tomlin

4. John Harbaugh

It was hard not putting Ryans, Saleh, Shanahan, and McDaniel on that list, so I developed a second Mt Rushmore of coaches I think I would like to play for.

The Mt Rushmore of coaches I would not like to play for:

1.  Bill Belichick

2. Sean Payton

3.  Mike McCarthy

4. Nick Sirianni

So it was written.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, t96 said:

Along with his accomplishments, not much more needs to be said. I’m all for going after him for HC barring a Harbaugh union

no. i love this forum simply b/c anytime anything happens someone makes a post saying we should get him. Carrol is 72. he's also staying on as a consultant or some bs job.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

Pete isn’t on the market. He’s stepping down and becoming an advisor for Seattle.

He’s basically retiring.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

no. i love this forum simply b/c anytime anything happens someone makes a post saying we should get him. Carrol is 72. he's also staying on as a consultant or some bs job.

we'll see... he seemed pretty clear in his multiple press conferences since the end of the season that he badly wanted to keep coaching the Seahawks. when asked if he still wanted to coach/would coach elsewhere he basically said "no comment" not "no I'll stay with the Seahawks." This is a pure firing -- Pete has class and has made it amicable but I think there's a solid chance he'll consider a HC job somewhere else.

Reality is Carroll is one of the greatest NFL head coaches of all time and despite his age he'd be the best coach in team history and probably bring us back to back winning seasons for the first time within his first 3-4 years. Would be stupid not to consider him if he is open to opportunities.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Pete the Cheat broke every rule in the book at USC and F’d the program so badly they still ain’t recovered and took a promotion to the NFL. 

that play call in the Super Bowl against the Pats that lost them the game - IMO that’s the single worst play call I’ve ever seen. Sure, the panthers offense was a joke this year and also called horrible plays routinely but pound for pound, the magnitude of the game, legacies on the line—— that is the worst play call in NFL history at least in my life time. 

Tell us how you really feel