• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will you watch the UFL?

Jmac

No team in N.C so far. What fo you think about the new spring league?. Will you give it a shot if the quality of play is good? Between our shittyy NFL team and all the referee bonehead calls and the constant swiffty BS (along with the streaming crap), are you getting tired of the NFL as it stands today?

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Going by my history, I'll probably tune in early.

Whether or not I continue watching depends on the product.

Seems to be my story with this for a long time. I always start watching it, try to pick a team and then just get bored with it. The play level is usually pretty bad.

• Beer 1

I've enjoyed watching the XFL the last couple years. Every once in a while a former NFL name pops up, someone trying to make it back. I remember watching Taylor Heineke and PJ Walker a few years back.

If there's nothing else to watch on a crappy weather day, it's fun to watch these guys fighting to make a name for themselves and maybe get some decent game film. There are plenty of scouts at these games too.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Seems to be my story with this for a long time. I always start watching it, try to pick a team and then just get bored with it. The play level is usually pretty bad.

Pretty much. The skill level in the original XFL was just awful. 

What I remember more than any of the actual plays or players are things like their bragging about having guys dive for the ball instead of tossing a coin to decide opening possession, only to see one of the first guys to take part in that bit wind up getting injured in the process.

That and listening to Jerry Lawler drool over the cheerleaders 😣

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

No team in N.C so far. What fo you think about the new spring league?. Will you give it a shot if the quality of play is good? Between our shittyy NFL team and all the referee bonehead calls and the constant swiffty BS (along with the streaming crap), are you getting tired of the NFL as it stands today?

I think I'll watch it.  Might be a good league after the comination.