• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young was sacked 62 times

Shocker

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Guys, a bit of context here.  @Shocker is the poster who still says he would take Young over stroud and he wouldnt trade burns for what the rams offered.

Just keep that in mind when you engage him or read his posts.  Kid aint all 

Said we shouldn't take him at 9 and would drop out of the 2nd.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, csx said:

If that is the time to throw then long times are generally bad. The greats have the shortest time to throw because they make quick decisions. Long times generally mean lots of sacks. 

Could also mean slow developing plays. I’m not saying that is the case, because I haven’t gone back to watch the All-22 of the entire season. However, for some of the games that I watched the All-22, the route schemes were awful. 

Edited by Bama Panther
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, csx said:

If that is the time to throw then long times are generally bad. The greats have the shortest time to throw because they make quick decisions. Long times generally mean lots of sacks. 

If you’re talking about the QB then yea, taking a long time is bad. We’re talking about the OL though and they’re giving him longer to throw.  It’s not immediate pressure and a sack or throwaway like the narrative surrounding our OL says. 

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Our #1 overall pick that we traded significant assets to acquire got sacked 62 times. He was 29th in yards per game. 32nd in yards per completion. 33rd in air yards per attempt. 28th in TDs. 30th in QBR. 32nd in passer rating. 

Bryce was near the absolute bottom of the league in every metric for a QB. But he only missed one game due to injury (when his over the hill journeyman backup put up our best passing game of the season) and you want to spike the football over that. You're making a complete ass of yourself.

Andy Dalton with the best passing game of the season is some major cope as you and your loyal followers like to say. He threw the ball 60 times to hit that magical number of 361 yards. Against Green Bay Young had only 50 less yards in almost 1/2 the attempts (33 vs 58) and Bryce has had a higher passer rating in 4 other games than Dalton had in his 1 game. 

You like to call people out for there "cope" yet you keep spewing this garbage about Dalton having the best game of the year for us at QB and that's not true. Just admit your hate for Young and move on. Even if he had a good year I have a feeling you and your followers would still be out here with your pitch forks. Give it a rest already

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

It's his fault for eating so many sacks. He sucks at reading defenses and making pre snap adjustments. He can't even do a simple drop back, and his footwork is literally middle school level poo. He also holds onto the ball for too long, and he lacks pocket awareness. He needs to learn to throw away the ball instead of taking sacks. 

I agree. I also think his lack of arm strength caused some sacks because he was taking less chances. I can’t recall which of the early games it was, might have been a couple, but I feel like I remember an interception or two where he didn’t have enough oomph to get the ball past the CB. Heck might have been a pick six, but anyway, Young doesn’t have that flick to throw the ball 25/30 yards off balance with just his arm so avoiding grounding or an interception wasn’t as easy for him. Also, how many times did he fumble early trying to get out of the pocket. He’s not super fast so I think he ate it more often than a strong armed/fast QB would.

Has anyone broken down the sacks that were on the line and the sacks that were on Young yet? I know PFF had to have assigned plenty to Young with the grades they gave line guys after some games.

It's nice for Young he is durable but if he keeps playing like he does it won't really matter on the couch or as a coach.

13 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

I remember when the huddle told me Derrick Brown was a bust.

I remember when we weren’t the worst team in football and had seasons where it didn’t feel like we had no chance as soon as the other team scored 10.

Brown had way more flashes his rookie year. It was his sophomore season when people questioned him because he regressed. Might want to compare apples to apples. If Young regresses in year 2, then you can compare him to Brown.

• Pie 2

I was pretty surprised that Bryce made it all season long.  The reality is that some times, you're just lucky.  Being the biggest and strongest isn't the best.  As Bryce said about his size, he's dealt with it his entire life.

So that's a good thing, a small good thing.  It's not viable long term.  Instead, the TEAM (including Bryce) need to improve in a LOT of areas.  Just win baby. Winning cures all.  Insert whatever you want to say: the Panthers start winning games, a lot of the doom and gloom will disappear.

If not, then more changes will be made.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

If you’re talking about the QB then yea, taking a long time is bad. We’re talking about the OL though and they’re giving him longer to throw.  It’s not immediate pressure and a sack or throwaway like the narrative surrounding our OL says. 

I have been saying all year outside ickeys complete whiffs the time was enough. 

• Pie 1