• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So How Would You Grade The Trade Up Now??

Hoenheim

Grade the trade  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Incomplete

27 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I graded it an F at the time. I grade it as an F now. If the staff, and Tepper, had just let Josh McCown do his job, we would have Stroud right now. Instead Tepper got to ignore his $30,000,000 staff of football experts based on a dinner where a 5’9 185 lb QB ordered a SALAD; and perhaps he listened to Nick Saban. 

I got a week long suspension in the summer for continuing to talk about this. 

My desired draft was as follows (trade down):

1. Dalton Kincaid

2. Zach Charbonnet

3. Marvin Mims

4-7. defense

Keep Wilks and let him hire his staff, re-sign Darnold, re-sign Foreman, trade Burns, trade Horn, keep DJ Moore, sign a TE like Hayden Hurst. 

Instead, we got what we got. We may have sucked again in 2023, but we would’ve had a shot at Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, McCarthy, Bo Nix, etc. 

My idea for the franchise being better than a billionaire hedge fund managers is hilarious to me. If I were a coach, or free agent, I wouldn’t want to come to Charlotte right now. 

We are the new Cleveland. Ironic considering Tepper’s ties to Pittsburgh. 

A LOT of us wanted Kincaid.

35 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

A LOT of us wanted Kincaid.

Had we taken the Rams deal for Burns, we would have had pick 36, which was 3 picks away from where Tennessee traded up for Levis. We could have traded up from 36 to 33 for a 4th. So, for the same as what we used to trade up for DJ Johnson, we could have turned the Rams pick into LaPorta who was taken 34th. Heck, for a little more than we used on DJ Johnson overall, maybe trade from 36 to 24 for Kincaid. It seemed like both Buffalo and Detroit (especially after Hockenson) were TE spots. I’m sure we’ll go TE in this draft since 2023 was the loaded TE draft and this year looks like a loaded WR draft.

Oh well, La Porta and two more firsts wouldn’t have helped the offense anyway. I’m just glad we quickly locked up Burns…

• Beer 2

You can't fix Young's height, frame or lack of arm strength.  His horrible footwork is a factor of his lack of height--bouncing on his tip-toes in his drop back to see over the trenches  What he needs is a WCO and we happened to fire a coach for not pushing the ball downfield and treating him like a point guard, which ironically is his strong suit.  The dude is a backup at best.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 3

20 hours ago, rayzor said:

so far an F, as in we Fugged up bad.

at best it's an incomplete. deciding factor on this is what the new coaching staff can do as far as development and scheme around him. not gonna hold my breathe.

Sadly, there is very little to look at and see a lot of hope moving forward. Even without a lot of help, the instances of Bryce elevating play were basically nonexistent. As an original Bryce guy, I was expecting top shelf decision making and pinpoint accuracy. Literally none of that was the case. He looks like an extremely flawed prospect and that's a problem when you have a much lower physical ceiling than any of the other first round QB's. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

What the bears do is completely irrelevant. Wake up

no it’s not. trade “grades” 5 years in the future show the actual players traded for eachother. Bears have a history of blowing picks. again the trade will be more remembered for passing on stroud. stop thinking so irrationally because of emotion and wake up 

• Pie 1