• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So How Would You Grade The Trade Up Now??

Hoenheim

Grade the trade  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Incomplete

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Sadly, there is very little to look at and see a lot of hope moving forward. Even without a lot of help, the instances of Bryce elevating play were basically nonexistent. As an original Bryce guy, I was expecting top shelf decision making and pinpoint accuracy. Literally none of that was the case. He looks like an extremely flawed prospect and that's a problem when you have a much lower physical ceiling than any of the other first round QB's. 

i'm just hoping that if we can get someone like Canales he can work a miracle with bruce like he did with geno and baker

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i'm just hoping that if we can get someone like Canales he can work a miracle with bruce like he did with geno and baker

That is the hope but those guys were also veteran players, as well. It is what it is. 

If nothing else, we should have a high draft pick in 2025(top 5) so that could help solve that problem. Provided our owner and FO get their heads out of their asses. That part seems like a distant possibility.

I was on the record that trading up was a huge mistake. I stand by that. You need to earn a #1 pick and the flameout risk of #1 overall QBs is way too high. 

I was a proponent of rolling with Darnold (hence the slap a Groucho mask on him so the fanbase would give him another chance with a new non-Rhule coach) and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe we'd still be picking #1 overall, but we probably would have used #9 on a position of need and we'd still have Moore. 

I foolishly tried to convince myself that if our all star coaching staff was convinced there was someone at #1 that was a generational talent then they must know what they're doing. 

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

no it’s not. trade “grades” 5 years in the future show the actual players traded for eachother. Bears have a history of blowing picks. again the trade will be more remembered for passing on stroud. stop thinking so irrationally because of emotion and wake up 

The bears could forfeit the pick entirely, draft a long snapper first overall. Literally nothing to do with what we gave up

On 1/22/2024 at 8:06 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what David Tepper has been ever since he bought the team. An absolute sucker. He had gotten tooled over and over again. He's the guy he almost certainly used to mock in the world of investments. Oh look, this rich kid watched a few podcasts and now he thinks he's a real wheeler and dealer. Watch this while I straight up take his ass to school and steal his lunch money. Tepper thought all his financial analytics and business experience was just going to seamlessly translate to dominating the NFL. Some classic straight up Dunning-Kruger poo. I honestly don't think it ever occurred to him all the work he put into being elite in the investment world. Okay, now realize you're up against folks who did that same thing in the world of football. You're not coming in with some analytics and meatball dinner conversations and beating them at their game straight out of the gate.

In a nutshell...

1 hour ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

And for 16 more, he'll get us that no. 1 pick. All hail the little tank commander!

I don't think you should count on that. If he improves even a little bit or we have a much better coach that skyrockets our chances of winning more games. 

The more likely scenario is that coaching will probably be better and Bryce will improve at least somewhat. Or if he doesn't, I don't believe the new coach would do the same as last year's staff and just keep starting him despite the poor performance. He'd probably get benched halfway through the season for a vet starter imo. 

I still have hope for Bryce.  

But even if he ends up being successful, it's still an F.   We traded the #1 pick for the #1 pick, #9 pick, 2 2nds, and DJ Moore.

The CMC trade also is an F based on who we selected with the returned picks.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:08 AM, Hoenheim said:

Since everyone has been consistently saying we got Fleeced by the Bears 

I prerfer you give it an actual grade but you can vote for incomplete 

I'm also kinda curious what you would have given it right after the trade happened vs after year one was done 

Screenshot_20240122_070342_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_070439_Discord.jpg

Trading up to 1 auto made it an F. Now it’s a FF.