• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan named GM/President

Mr. Scot

Give the guy a chance. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. He may actually be the only guy that can get through to Tepper in the long run. The guy has the experience of actually playing in the NFL and being in the front office.

Neither Hurney or Fitts ever played a down anywhere. He may be the guy this team needs to have an opinion that Tepper would listen to.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

not coming at anyone here - for real, arguing on here is wild.

but honest question 🙋‍♂️ why do so many assume everyone on staff is responsible equally for the state of affairs?

If your boss or others in your company are doing things poorly wouldn't some of the lower level guys with a front row seat have a realistic idea of what should change. or am I the only one thinking this way?

thanks for reading

Leaders of a culture need to be held accountable for their lack of success. Morgan is one of those leaders with a poor record of success over the past 3 years when it comes to improving the team through identifying NFL talent. As assistant GM he would also be involved in trade & roster building construction beyond scouting.

What improvements do you see that have been made (especially on defense) over the last 3 seasons that show you a future decade of NFL playoff dominance for the Panthers? Where are the leaders to build around?

He chose to follow Fitterer & leave Beane. Would you call that a bad decision/evaluation?

8 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You can bring the data and opinions to the boss but what Scott did was on him, Dan has never been in the position to make the final call till now. 

That's why Morgan gets at most 2 years for me. Hope he is more like Beane. I don't see anything from the past 3 seasons that would suggest that. Your hope is he was merely given a title of assistant GM & just watched with no significant participation while choosing to leave a successful team. I doubt that though.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

He will be judged by the decisions he makes. He has 3 big decisions on deck. Who he extends will tell me a lot about what to expect for the future of this team. Good luck Dan!

Actually sensible.  Let's at least see his first couple of moves before dismissing him as a yes man, etc.

• Beer 1

I feel that the main reason Dan got the job was that he was probably the only candidate who told Tepper and crew that this team is closer to competing that it probably actually is. All the other candidates probably wanted to strip the whole operation down and build the team in their image and we all know Tepper doesn't have the patient to allow this team to do a complete rebuild. I like Dan Morgan and believe he's gonna do a good job. He knows this team's culture and identity and is well respected around the league for the work he puts in so hopefully with him having full control things will get better. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Just wondering where this yes man narrative came from?  Keeping an open mind, I have no idea how he’ll do. Never do with these GM hires because we never have any clue how involved and what roles they actually played in their previous non-GM positions. Only exception I can think of is Hurney, because he had been a GM before and we KNEW he was horrible and hired him back anyway. 

Just a bunch of disgruntled armchair analyst…pissed off of lack of recent success. Dan is a good hire

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Still possible we land Tillis in that buffer role.

A hope is that Morgan does have a bit of an eye and hires some new people to the scouting department.

I wouldn't mind if he pulled a couple people from the Bills 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Then you don't know Dan.

I know Dan and he is far from a yes man.

He is also one of the most competitive people that has ever walked in the stadium.

I hope it works out for him

I personally worked with him for over 10 years. Can vouch he is NOT a yes man. Makes me think more of how long he’ll last. I’m also very tempted to ask if he wanted Stroud over Young lol

• Pie 1