• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan named GM/President

Mr. Scot

17 hours ago, Zod said:

Then you don't know Dan.

I know Dan and he is far from a yes man.

He is also one of the most competitive people that has ever walked in the stadium.

I hope it works out for him

Not knowing him personally this is what I thought he would be like.

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It was said numerous times across numerous reports that Fitterer ran a collective/"collaborative" Environment and Dan was his right hand man, so to me at least, that says Dan had strong input in how the roster was constructed the past few years.

I don’t disagree, and that is what gives me a little heartburn as well. 

The jump from right-hand-man to THE man is not a small jump however.

Dan knows what this culture/team can look like. He sat front row while it turned to sh*t (and I’m not trying to absolve him of responsibility) I think its the opposite, I think that gives him a sense of ownership in the problem at hand.

I truly think he is the guy best positioned to get it back where we, as fans, want to see it.

Edited by Turtle
  • Pie 1

17 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Big time miss from the Panthers here, but I doubt any of us expected anything different.  

It is mind boggling that anyone involved with the roster management of the team would be allowed back in the building after last year but here we are. 

there is a strong possibility that no other candidates worth a poo would touch the team with a 50’ pole. 

No don't think this is a miss at all.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I just cannot in any way shape or form get excited for anything this team does right now.

The best I can do is neutral, as opposed to "fug everything about this".

Can't get disappointed with neutral. Can only be impressed.

That's kinda where I am. I don't mind hiring Dan. It depends on what he does from here, and what he's allowed to do.

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I assume this is tongue in cheek???

Chark, Hurst and Sanders were probably some of the worst offseason signings in the entire NFL. Especially Sanders.

That’s in retrospect. If we had a QB that could get them the ball and coach/OC that were competent it’d be a different story. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s in retrospect. If we had a QB that could get them the ball and coach/OC that were competent it’d be a different story. 

I mean, a very average Hubbard made Sanders look like a bum.   I think he is just the meh RB Philly wanted to move away from....that could only run behind huge holes and offered little outside of that. 

That's not Bryce Young or really even the OC.  That's Sanders just being meh. 

• Beer 2

Here's one thing to consider, Morgan has a vested interest in this team. He's got a personal attachment to this team and he's a part of it's history. I get a feeling he's going to want to fight to get this team back to where it used to be and the biggest opponent he'll be have is a know-it-all owner.

I'm hoping he takes the fight to Tepper.

• Beer 2

20 hours ago, Waldo said:

Sportsoligy is about to get S2ed. Tepper is out there clearing the field for other teams like a minesweeper.

20 hours ago, Shocker said:

Delusional…Dan Morgan will fail.  He doesn’t know talent.  Not sure what he does know.  Such an incredibly sad hire.The rest of the NFL just chuckles at this hire.

I really hope all of you negative Nelly's out there get a fresh dose of humble pie.

From an outside perspective I can understand how "promoting" from within may not be the best move given the dumpster fire of a season.  However, many of you, myself included, are not "real" football guys.

We may actually have something with our defense.  Our offense was ABYSMAL.  Almost as bad if not worse than the Clausen season or even the VInny/St. Pierre seasons.  We won 2 games, however I really think 8 other games were winnable if we could even resemble a bad offense.

Dan Morgan is tough as nails and will hold others accountable.  When Wilks took over, there was a shift in the organization which left when he was shown the door.  Frank Reich doesn't scream accountability.  Scott Fitterer my have been an experienced executive, but he's not a football guy.  My gut says come September, your Carolina Panthers will be tougher and look more like the team that ended the 2022-23 season.

BTW, I am not a fan of Tepper.  I truly think he is ruining this team, hopefully Dan can convince him to take a step back.

• Pie 2