• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Dan Morgan hire cause you to financially invest in the team (renew tickets)?

TheBigKat

36 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

For me it’s a RESOUNDING NO

no merch

no PSL renewal

nothing

you don’t hire an extensive search firm to hire the guy who was part of drafting Bryce Young. This just tells me that the search firm and all that was window dressing, Tepper has not changed one bit

how can we as fans respond?

skip the March on Mint nonsense

just don’t spend money on the team, no merchandise, no tickets. Just watch the circus from home or watch red zone 

With all due respect, the GM hire was never going to drive ticket sales. 

• Pie 1

The only “move” that would make people invest is bringing 2015 Cam back to Carolina in a Time Machine.

This team knows the only way it can officially bring people back into is winning. There is nothing flashy that can be done. Preferably I’d rather they keep that mindset the time being.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Its not a very exciting hire but if Dan Morgan turns out to not be a yes man and a "shut the hell up Dave you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground" type to him then its a great move but fear has me saying daddy Tepp. hired him just to do whatever daddy Tepp. tells him to do.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

32 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yep that’s true. Most of the outside guys were probably like ok first order of business would be to find a QB 

2nd order of business, the owner can’t talk to me for at least 2 years.

1 hour ago, HPPantherzfan said:

What if the extensive search firm told him Dan was the right man for the job?

Then all that firm did was take Tepper's money. There's no way anyone with a shred of common sense could look at the moves, roster, and record the Panthers have had since Morgan joined the FO and say yeah, he's the best guy, when he helped do all that.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Then all that firm did was take Tepper's money. There's no way anyone with a shred of common sense could look at the moves, roster, and record the Panthers have had since Morgan joined the FO and say yeah, he's the best guy, when he helped do all that.

He was probably the only real candidate. I doubt anyone else wanted to work with Tepper after talking to him. Made Dan the top candidate by default. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I'll renew my PSL's, but only because I buy them through my business and use them as such.  Also, if we host the Cowboys, I can recoup 1/2 of the entire season's cost right there.  Other than that, no, I will not spend a dime on this team.  I'll begrudgingly spend $$ to go see CLT FC play, but only if my son wants to go.  Luckily, he likes the Independence games just as much, so that's my preferred choice.

• Pie 1