• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers closing in on hiring DAVE CANALES

Coheed

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

No guarantee any of them works out either 

And even less of a guarantee that a former HC would work out either, hell we just tried that last season. Check this out: https://thecapisfake.com/2023/07/13/should-nfl-teams-hire-retread-head-coaches/

Only 18 of the retread coaches eventually won at least one playoff win. Nearly 87% of retread coaches get fired or retire without ever seeing any level of success after getting fired—even the coaches that were successful with their first team rarely see any real success with their subsequent teams.

However, of the 328 times when a team hired a first-time head coach, 100 times the team won at least one playoff game during that new coach’s tenure (30.5%). Also, more importantly, 38 of the 328 first-time hires won a championship (11.6%).

• Pie 4

I think this hire is very telling of who is calling the shots. It's no secret that Tepper wanted Ben Johnson, but for him to listen to Morgan wanting Canales maybe means he is leaving it up Morgan. I would have thought that they would at least wait for a second interview with Ben Johnson before deciding. 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2

Just now, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I think this hire is very telling of who is calling the shots. It's no secret that Tepper wanted Ben Johnson, but for him to listen to Morgan wanting Canales maybe means he is leaving it up Morgan. I would have thought that they would at least wait for a second interview with Ben Johnson before deciding. 

Tepper is an impatient, petulant man child. He probably couldn’t wait for Johnson. 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Don’t come in here crying when this doesn’t work out 

I have no clue if this will work out or not. Every single HC hire is a crapshoot. The only guy I think is a sure thing on the circuit this year is Harbaugh and I wanted him, but given that apparently wasn’t an option, I’m not going to be too high or low on anyone that got hired. 

• Pie 2