• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I understand your apprehension due to this being a Tepper hire. But while you're being dramatic let's not pretend like pairing Bryce Young with Mike Vrabel was a guaranteed recipe for success. Either way whomever was hired was always going to have their work cut out for them because we picked the wrong QB and now we're left to salvage what we can.

I’m not advocating for Vrabel bruh 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

And you can’t even fire him early. This is why once I figured out Bryce probably isn’t the guy that we were going to be 2 head coaches away. The next 2 seasons are already over for us. 

If you improve everything around him and BY is still the issue he’d get his chance with his own QB before getting canned. 

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, Steelo said:

If you improve everything around him and BY is still the issue he’d get his chance with his own QB before getting canned. 

this. he's worked miracles with geno and baker. if canales can't get it done with bryce, it can't be done. after that, the QB whisperer gets his choice of QB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

better than a retread. I've been wanting a young, innovative, offensive mind, and he seems to check that box. a lot of folks wanna rag on tepper / the panthers / this hire and say he's unknown, hasn't had much success yet - but in reality he has been in the league for a while now and had success at every stop. he was there during the Seahawks entire reign of domination, and he had those receivers, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, David Moore looking like all pros. He then shifted to re-igniting, or igniting Geno Smith's career in general, which still to this day is kinda wow to me. He then went and did it with Baker, which is a really close to home sample size and enough to say - well this is an upgrade. he seems like a breath of fresh air, but I will let it play out before I get too ahead of myself.

everyone keeps saying bring Mike Evans, I say he goes after his boy DK Metcalf instead - I'll take it off air.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this. he's worked miracles with geno and baker. if canales can't get it done with bryce, it can't be done. after that, the QB whisperer gets his choice of QB.

Baker had similar stats to what he did as he did in 2018 and 2020. How is that a miracle 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Hopefully they’ll grab a later round or udfa qb that he has some interest in. Dalton is cool as the vet but he’s gotta be able to find someone more fitting than Jake Luton for camp 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Baker had similar stats to what he did as he did in 2018 and 2020. How is that a miracle 

best in the league last year under pressure. that's baker mayfield...best in the league under pressure.

image.thumb.png.2d5dd0da98a2a6eaacd08f350e638f5c.png

that's a bit of one. also he had one game at Lambeau field where he had a perfect rating. no big deal? he was the first ever to do that. baker mayfield...first ever to have a perfect game at Lambeau field.

the parts where he was at his scariest, he became more than competent. he became good. 

buy it or not. i don't care, but there's plenty for others to see where canales has helped immensely with both baker and geno. 

not excited? fine.

hate it? fine.

constipated? fine.

am i delusional? maybe, but that's fine as well.

• Pie 1