• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The More I Hear, The More I like Dave Canales

chknwing

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Like many other narratives, that was just a speculation that kept getting repeated until simple minds just accepted it as true. For all we know Tepper wanted Stroud, Reich wanted Young and Tepper let him take who he wanted. When the decision proved to be comically bad, that’s why Tepper fired him in the middle of his first season, because it was such an easily avoided mistake. That’s also basic speculation but makes more sense with all factors included. No one knows or will know who was team Stroud and who the dummies were except the three people involved in the decision and there’s no way any of them will give a straight truthful answer about it either. 

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

Bryce needs to be much more then "servicable". First round pick needs to be the guy and a difference maker. Anything less is bullshitt.

Sure that's ideal but not reality.  The vast majority of 1st round QBs bust.   If it doesn't work,  you move on.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

It's just a little too early to say that for me. I have to see what we do in FA and the draft before I make my mind up. But, today, I really can't see more than three wins (so it would be a miracle to get to six).

Oh I'm not expecting it. Getting 3 wins is an improvement. I'm just watching to see what will be different than the crap we've continued to see every season. I really do not care what they do in the draft or FA. What matters is what they do on the field. 

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Oh I'm not expecting it. Getting 3 wins is an improvement. I'm just watching to see what will be different than the crap we've continued to see every season. I really do not care what they do in the draft or FA. What matters is what they do on the field. 

I agree fundamentally, but you gotta know what happens in FA and the draft to a great extent leads to what they do on the field. Not to mention that what was done in FA and especially the draft (including dealing picks" is the main reason why we are where we are right now: the worst team in the NFL.

• Beer 2

31 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I agree fundamentally, but you gotta know what happens in FA and the draft to a great extent leads to what they do on the field. Not to mention that what was done in FA and especially the draft (including dealing picks" is the main reason why we are where we are right now: the worst team in the NFL.

The draft is going to be crucial to this team. There's been too many draft picks wasted on chasing unicorns thinking what they had could compete with the best teams in the league.  Tepper is going to have to let someone build this team from the ground up and tune out the fan noise.  And most of all stay away from the team until game day.