• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter reports Panthers targeting Brandt Tillis

55 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kaye thinks it's a positive...

Agree. If people are complaining over this they are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Tepper has essentially done everything one could ask for this offseason. You can disagree with the choice of GM and HC, but from a selection process and restructuring of the org, he has been spot on.

• Pie 8

34 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Burns cannot contain the run and has no ability to drop back in coverage.  He has one mode:  rush QB.  Even with that mode he isn't a game changer on this team as it currently stands.

Luvu and Brown are much more important and the savings to rebuild to team are as well.

The concerning part is that Burns truly did look dominant the 1st game of the year against the Falcons then just went through the motions the rest of the year. So, the question I'd ask him is why can't you play like that consistently? Are you just gonna mail it in once you get your big pay day? 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

The concerning part is that Burns truly did look dominant the 1st game of the year against the Falcons then just went through the motions the rest of the year. So, the question I'd ask him is why can't you play like that consistently? Are you just gonna mail it in once you get your big pay day? 

I think that's too big a risk to take after everything that went down this year.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Mage said:

What are we saying is significantly less?  

Sweat went for a 2nd round pick, but he's older and less productive than Burns.  Frank Clark who was similar in age and production to Burns went to KC for a 1st and conditional 2nd (KC/SEA swapped 3rds).

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get or expect at least a 1st round pick.

Significantly less than two 1sts and 36 in this past draft. That’s going to happen easily. 

Production isn’t just sacks. Sweat and Clark weren’t liabilities against the run. Quite opposite in fact. They also weren’t clamoring for DPOY-type money. Sweat just had a better season than Burns ever had. Agreed to a fair deal and brought a 2nd. Why would any team give more to overpay a guy who basically went through the motions last year? 

30 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Burns needs to see the Wizard. He needs a heart. If he wanted to beast, he would beast. That first half demonstrated his capability. 

He’s shown loud and clear what he’s about. He might play hard for the first season of his new contract with another team as an ‘I told you so’ season, but then I fully expect a disappearing act afterwards where he is a rotational player and costs a GM his job. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Read the whole article and Schefter says everyone is committing to a long term, detailed, organized rebuild. Which is exactly what we need.

But hurp durrr impulsive impatient owner

Give it two years and see what happens 

6 hours ago, Martin said:

Agree. If people are complaining over this they are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Tepper has essentially done everything one could ask for this offseason. You can disagree with the choice of GM and HC, but from a selection process and restructuring of the org, he has been spot on.

Complaining is their coping mechanism.  

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I hear you. And nobody is giving any guarantees that it will work, but they are doing all the right things.

Exactly. Won't know how it will work for another at least. Cambell was 3-13 his first season now look.at the Lions.