• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, t96 said:

You contradict yourself dude. I agree with your last sentence and will take it a step further -- no more than a negligible amount of people will tune into a game because of any commentator, all that matters is the teams on the field.

I don’t think I did. I just think most people couldn’t care less who the commentators are but having someone like Tom Brady in there will be an asset and an advantage. 

olson is good commentator but in the grand scheme of things nobody is tuning in to watch was he has to say. 

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For a few games if he's terrible. But honestly the announcers are just there to fill air time. Who is actually tuning in every week for the announcing. It'll give them a ratings boost for a few weeks and then it's just the norm.

Sure I would agree with this. Tony Romo was fantastic at first and he sucks ass now. 

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t think I did. I just think most people couldn’t care less who the commentators are but having someone like Tom Brady in there will be an asset and an advantage. 

olson is good commentator but in the grand scheme of things nobody is tuning in to watch was he has to say. 

Maybe the first month of his first season some people will tune in for brady, but after that nobody is tuning in to watch what he has to say either

36 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Olsen has been really good. I’m interested to see if he can maintain it. I remember when Romo was on fire to start his broadcasting career being Luke like and basically calling out plays before they happened. He seems to have lost his luster and honestly annoys me more now. He said something about the first roughing the passer being Baltimore’s first penalty and my son said what about the holding call on a pass play right at the start. He just seems like his magic touch is gone.

I was shocked that was Tony calling the game. He just seemed like he didn't want to be there. 

19 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Sure I would agree with this. Tony Romo was fantastic at first and he sucks ass now. 

It seemed like he really worked at it at first to make sure he succeeded then got lazy and started mailing it in once he developed a good rep.

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It seemed like he really worked at it at first to make sure he succeeded then got lazy and started mailing it in once he developed a good rep.

Kinda like his playing days.   Ba-dum-tsss!

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

58 minutes ago, frankw said:

Olsen is fantastic. Tom Brady can fug right off.

And Tony Romo. While you're at it add Chis Collingsworth as well. Those two make watching football almost unbearable. Thank goodness for the mute button. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Tom Brady may end up a terrible commentator but much more people are going to tune in to watch him talk than Olson. That’s a fact. You think Fox didn’t think about this?

Most people don’t really care who is the commentator 

Not so sure about that. I've turned off games because the commentators were so bad. If I have to put it on mute just to be able to watch it, I'm not watching. 

• Pie 1