• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Canales on GMF

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

These HC hires have made me numb. I haven't made a comment on this hire because I simply don't trust Tepper can hire the right HC.

Instead of trashing the guy, I will just let this one play out. Hopefully he's better than the last 2 HC's Tepper has hired.

It's his biggest negative lol in a vacuum without Tepper's fingerprints I like it...

6 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

It really doesn’t matter if Morgan can’t put together way better drafts than he took part in with Fitterer.

If the drafts don’t get better, this team won’t be competitive even if Canales is a great coach.

His first draft is handicapped.  

It will be interesting to see though if Canales can get more out of the picks, we have than Reich and Rhule did.  Making Ekwonu more of a downhill blocker, and Horn staying healthy would help a lot.  

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

These HC hires have made me numb. I haven't made a comment on this hire because I simply don't trust Tepper can hire the right HC.

Instead of trashing the guy, I will just let this one play out. Hopefully he's better than the last 2 HC's Tepper has hired.

extremely fair take. It's ok to not want to get duped again 

14 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Eeeeeh. Watch how he addressed the Teppers at the press conference - he was overly effusive and maintained eye contact.

He's as much a salesman as the rest. 

IDK. Some guy gives you an opportunity of a lifetime and a seven figure check may lead to that type of reaction especially in that  setting.  There is also a degree of eye contact and gratitude required for the sake of professionalism. History makes me dubious but not gonna pass judgement at this point. 

20 hours ago, KBRed said:

The hope is that the hiring staff actually hired them, and not Tepper. 

Sorry to bust your bubble but that committee was just to give Tepper candidates. Ain't no way they came back like "You know what? Just promote the guy you have" and then happened to land on a coach who had a close working relationship with that guy. In the end it was your standard hiring process for a GM and HC.

19 hours ago, Tbe said:

He’s inexperienced and it will show.

He’ll need some time.

I think the thing we want to see as he makes these mistakes is that he doesn't repeat them.  Tepper has to give him time to grow into the position.  I think Canales has the makings of a coach that we can have around here for many years.  Optimistic of course but he seems to have the right mindset.  Though he didn't mention a timeline I think he's going to do well in Carolina. 

• Pie 1

I see a person who will be a great coach in the NFL for a long time.   Man crushing right now.  I am excited-never crazy about Fox--grew to like him better, Was not ever a rivera fan, wanted to believe Rhule but he is a BS artist, and I did not get a chance to like Frank, but I was expecting more.  I would run through a wall for this guy--a really soft wall with large holes in it, but still.