• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan is INTENSE (video)

TheBigKat

We can only hope so. The only time my opinion of Morgan took a hit was when he ran down to New Orleans to try and make their team. I understand the desire to still play, even with the risks involved, but going to a hated rival? I want it to work out well for him, and we get back to prominence.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 9

Yeah he does have a strange kind of unblinking stare almost as though he's seen a ghost in the audience but he's trying to play it cool.

Dan is my all time favorite Panthers LB, so I'm happy to have him as GM. He can't be worse than Fitt, who always did the opposite of what I wanted. I won't bore you with another rant about his decision making.

What type of players do we need? Dawgs? I don't think we have a clear definition for that type of player. I know what I don't want. Journeymen who are just playing for a paycheck. When things go south, they point the finger at the guy next to them, and they start trying to avoid injury. The team becomes disjointed and no one wants to go the extra mile because the players don't care about one another. You see it when guys stop running even though they might be needed if someone missed a tackle, fumbles, ect. Or you see guys making a "business decision" to avoid a big hit, or make a big hit. No bond to the team.

We need leaders who ALSO play the game at a high level. No one listens to "leaders" who suck on Sunday. Who cares what they have to say? Olsen, TD, Luke, they were natural leaders who also dominated on the field. That works. Guys listen to them as they should. Young is not a leader, and he doesn't play well either. We have too many (not a leader, and doesn't play well) types, and that leads to 2 wins. There are also (plays great, but not a leader) types on this team, for instance Jaycee Horn, and a good past example would be Steve Smith. We need natural leaders who play well on game day.

How do I think of dawgs? To me a dawg is a player who is going to come at you on every snap and knock your head off or run you over. He doesn't care about his body, the opponents yapping, or any damn thing. He's coming with violence or speed or whatever it is that is his natural gift, and he's going to be resolute and relentless. It's not about size, it's about his mindset. The ultimate dawg was Ray Lewis imo, and Steve Smith is a good Panthers example. Do we need guys like that? No need to ask the question, but we need leaders and followers as well.

I believe the Huddle hated on the hiring  of Morgan and our new coach because it wasn’t a big name that they dreamed of, but I have a feeling that if they are left alone, they can build something special and make us a competitive team again. As a matter of fact, I don’t know of a single coach (that was actually available) that would be a better pick to develop Young. Morgan and Canalas are young and hungry and you can tell they will bring the energy that our team has been lacking for years. I know we are all numb to anyone involved with overseeing our team until we see wins, but if you are being logical, this seems like a great pairing we have made, along wit Brandt Tillis

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 7

The 1st player that comes to mind on this roster already, Luvu... If we find a couple more on each level on both sides... things change. We have been saying for years, we don't got leaders and over the years with each leader leaving,  we never really added one. 

There was a YouTube video where they said Morgan mentioned all the greats that have played for the Panthers and didn't mention any of the current players that were in the press conference.  They said it was Morgan's way of putting them on notice that their jobs weren't safe.

Canales comment about doing what our player are capable of tells me two things.  One was we are going to play to our strengths.  Two that 2025 offense may be quite different than the one we will see in 2024.

Morgan's hire makes me believe that though he may have had input that the final decision was on Fitterer and he chose not to select the DAWGS that Morgan wanted.   Morgan gave props to all the GMs that he worked for in the past but never mention Fitterer.   It's only an opinion but I get the feeling Morgan didn't get many of the player he thought we should have drafted.  We'll see in about 3 months. 

• Beer 2