• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diggs a possibility?

Mills

37 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I'd do what I can to sign Michael Pittman.  I think he's the optimal target this FA.

Not Higgins.  Not Gabe Davis.  Not a 28 y/o+ trade target to waste more capital on.

He's got the age, speed, size, downfield ability, and most importantly, is proven at this point.

Ideal WR Route:

Pittman & draft picks this year that don't have a curve to hit w/route running & gaining separation (Adonai Mitchell, McMillan, Corley, etc.)

I’d be surprised if the Colts let their new QB’s young top weapon hit FA, but they are the Colts so who knows?

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’d be surprised if the Colts let their new QB’s young top weapon hit FA, but they are the Colts so who knows?

Yeah between him Downs, & Pierce, it’s a good setup for Richardson. No extension for Pittman yet so he’s hitting FA if I recall.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

We still have a big deficit in draft picks this year and next. The last thing we need is to give away more 1sts/2nds to prove that Young isn’t the guy. If Young isn’t it, we are wasting the chance at getting better in the draft.

We have to build through the draft, period. 

Young is a separate issue from building the rest of the team. He's just 1 of 53. He probably won't work out but just because they have to give it a shot does not mean they cannot upgrade everywhere else. His job is to see if doesn't get replaced before the season even starts. After that he will have to hold onto it. This is his last shot at being the guy you can count on that. 

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah we can definitely afford to make hard passes on elite WRs.

We have Mingo and TMJ we will absolutely be fine!

To be fair I'd quite enjoy watching Young try to deal with Diggs having a meltdown on the sidelines. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That'd be the wrong side of 35. That REALLY shouldn't require explanation. lol

lol you don’t understand the saying and that’s ok

If you mean to say 30 is old, just say he’s 30. “The wrong side of” an age means they are on the second half or nearing the end of that age…like 36,37,38,39 are on the wrong side of 30.

a 29 year old isn’t “on the right” side of 30

might save you embarrassment at a party or something if you’re going to attempt that saying 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Young is a separate issue from building the rest of the team. He's just 1 of 53. He probably won't work out but just because they have to give it a shot does not mean they cannot upgrade everywhere else. His job is to see if doesn't get replaced before the season even starts. After that he will have to hold onto it. This is his last shot at being the guy you can count on that. 

This is a decent draft to build around him while also not wasting resources on short term (like the sign Higgins and Evans crews). I don’t think he’ll work out so I’d rather get a couple WRs and maybe a solid G with picks 33, 65 and 100ish (comp picks). TEs were last year unfortunately. 33/65 would be equivalent of a mid to late first and mid 2nd in terms of WRs so I hope we take advantage of the value at a dire position of need/figure out if Young has it.

1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

lol you don’t understand the saying and that’s ok

If you mean to say 30 is old, just say he’s 30. “The wrong side of” an age means they are on the second half or nearing the end of that age…like 36,37,38,39 are on the wrong side of 30.

a 29 year old isn’t “on the right” side of 30

might save you embarrassment at a party or something if you’re going to attempt that saying 

That’s not how I’ve heard that saying used referring to athletes. 

Edited by ECHornet