• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go back to power running scheme..

Jmac

1 minute ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Or, rather than stick with 1985 football for the rest of eternity, would could stop catering to our crappy o line and get some guys that can pass prtotect.

Most of the teams in the Playoffs can run the ball behind a stout Oline. Fancy blocking schemes only go so far.

37 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Or, rather than stick with 1985 football for the rest of eternity, would could stop catering to our crappy o line and get some guys that can pass prtotect.

The Chiefs manhandled the Ravens are in the super bowl because of downhill, power running.  We do have an o-line that is more than capable of doing that.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We have to get a new RB then.  Chuba, while much improved, is NOT a bell cow back.

4th or 5th round should suffice. Chuba looked decent behind a bad scheme, I would like to see him in a good one. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Ornias said:

4th or 5th round should suffice. Chuba looked decent behind a bad scheme, I would like to see him in a good one. 

I got a couple of guys in mind for the draft, but Chuba was the best back in a bad RB stable.  Being the tallest midget isn't exactly awe inspiring.  Hubbard has improved, but again, he's not a bell cow RB.  He's a solid #2.  Sanders should just become the 3rd down back.

52 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We have to get a new RB then.  Chuba, while much improved, is NOT a bell cow back.

Chuba can lead a RBBC.  You don't necessarily need a bell-cow if you have quality depth.  Chuba/Blacksheer/and a draft pick would provide that.  Sanders may be off the roster if he doesn't show any improvement in the spring.  I'd be open to a Brock Oswiler type trade after June 1.  (salary dump)  

• Pie 1