• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you do it (trade)

CRA

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm not arguing Chase Young is anything.   I'm arguing in the eyes of the football world......Horn isn't viewed that much differently in terms of value to obtain. 

I don't see a team willing to give up more than a 3rd ish for Horn.  That was Young's value.  He is just a similar risk for a different variety. 

I'm not saying a team would give up more than that for Horn right now, just that there's no point in us trading him for that little of a return. The difference with Young and Horn is that Horn when healthy has shown he can be an elite #1 corner. Chase when healthy (which is only slightly more than Horn) has shown he's at best a rotational pass rusher. Obviously Jeudy is a bust and Bryce hasn't shown anything either. Horn and Otah are good comparisons, neither are like the other names mentioned. They are great players when on the field but can't stay healthy. Honestly Horn isn't that much different than McCaffrey his last few years here, we traded him and have now been kicking ourselves for it ever since. Except Horn is at one of the most valuable positions in the league and McCaffrey one of the least.

1 hour ago, cardiackat88. said:

Why does anyone have interest in Jeudy?

If anyone traded anything for him, they buyer and sellers should be studied in con-man, advertising, and marketing schemes in college courses for decades to come.

People get weird about players that went to Alabama and clearly aren't NFL material. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, Chase Young? Chase Young was DROY and a Pro Bowler.  He has crazy physical gifts and a hopeful opening to the NFL to fool people with.   I don't see how we can put a corner that never plays in a different tier.  They just fooling you slightly different. 

Since being traded to the 49ers, he's looked so bad they're talking about benching him for the Super Bowl.

I think he's actually a free agent next year but either way, doesn't sound like they care to keep him.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Since being traded to the 49ers, he's looked so bad they're talking about benching him for the Super Bowl.

I think he's actually a free agent next year but either way, doesn't sound like they care to keep him.

Chase looks like a guy who plays football because he can….and not because he really cares to.   League is full of them.   Think the 49ers are debating benching him for lack of effort….and he fell into a potential ring and doesn’t even try. 

but it’s easy to see why a team would fool themselves over dudes who all have the tools to be great.  It happens all the time.  The it will be different for us mindset.