• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce’s Offseason Plans?

Turtle

1 hour ago, CRA said:

to an extent, you can't really overly worry about that with Bryce.  At his size, he isn't going to be able to play textbook traditional QB in the NFL.  

Tyler Murray doesn't have a problem with doing traditional drop backs.

3 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Nothing backs this statement up. You can say eye test, but every stat, analysis, chart and professional opinion I've seen says he's one of the most accurate passers in the league. I didn't watch every game, but the games I did see, your statement about hitting a barn sounds like hyperbole. Maybe you need glasses?

Then let me present you with some alternate data.  Here is reality.  BY was the 31 ranked passer by completion percentage.

image.thumb.png.35a132ae5f6fe4e4881f122c0a23c231.png

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Soooo no, no word on training plans.

Was kind of hoping him and Mingo were bunkered down doing some sort of extra gravity hyperbolic chamber DBZ training retreat. (shrugs)

Stretching Dragon Ball Z GIF by Funimation

I mean he/they could be training right now.....they just don't make a deal out of it? 

14 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

I would hope he gets far away from football for a little bit put last season behind you and come back determined 

He needs to be in passionate love with football for what we gave up for him and all the expectations. Screw all that. 

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly just not sure that it even matters. He can't do anything about his height and arm talent is largely natural. You can't coach height, you can't coach speed, you can't coach arm talent. It just is what it is. His best bet is to do what he can to improve his arm strength and work like hell to fix the dumpster fire that is his footwork.

Could the rack torture device make you taller? - Quora

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, jeffashe135 said:

Tyler Murray doesn't have a problem with doing traditional drop backs.

Kyler Murray plays with a more confident arm.  But Murray still has to live in the shotgun.   I think everything goes back to the physical tools for Bryce. 

Lot of QBs got trash footwork in today's NFL vs prior eras IMO because of the tendency of more off script and playground ball being encouraged and allowed. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

Kyler Murray plays with a more confident arm. 

That he does... Still, you would think Bryce could at least be a bit more urgent with his drop backs and set his feet properly (left foot forward, right foot back) instead of doing that nonchalant backpedal where his hips are parallel to the line of scrimmage. I don't know how he keeps time with that nonsense footwork. Oh wait, he doesn't, which explains why his timing is all over the place. It must be infuriating for our receivers to put up with Bryce.