• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worthy is fastest ever

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gonna be interesting to see how Quinn Ewers does next year. Losing both his starting WRs are they proved to be FAST. The faster of the two running the fastest Combine 40 ever and the "slower" one running 4.35. I mean... DAMN.

Texas got a couple transfers, one from Alabama. Isaiah Bond who was decent last year. If he stays healthy I think Ewers shows out and has a Heisman caliber season next year. Injuries are going to be a big factor for him. 

18 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Texas got a couple transfers, one from Alabama. Isaiah Bond who was decent last year. If he stays healthy I think Ewers shows out and has a Heisman caliber season next year. Injuries are going to be a big factor for him. 

Oh, I'm sure he's not gonna be throwing to bums but both those Texas WRs are  gonna go on the top 50 picks. Hell, they might both go in the 1st round. Thats a lot to replace.

• Pie 1

Yet another player moving into a better position in the draft through the process. Fact is we are better served to find the diamonds that were later rounders that have had similar accessions. Just not rising out of reach but into contesting for that mid tier.  Guys like Malik Washington, Thrash, McMillan, and Coker are our targets. Too many WR's are going to go in the first for us to get the pick of the litter. How many is a litter? I could see 6 to 7 WR's go in the first. 

How many WRs will go in round 1? 

Possibly 6--if Xavier's 40 time causes him to squeeze in the top 32,  it could be 7.

In my view, Harrison, Nabers and Odunze are top 10, and Thomas is top 20, and Franklin is top 32.  That is 5 WRs going in the first round.

Now, there is something to consider--the Panthers apparently had 2 meetings with Malik Washington, a 5'8" tall slot WR out of UVA who should be available in the third round or even on day 3. 

So what will be available with the #33 pick?  A TON of solid WR talent (Listed below).  However, we need a polished route runner and a guy with good hands who can work the middle and the sidelines.  I had not really heard of him until the combine, but he kept catching my eye.  Don't laugh, but if I was going to take a WR in the second round, I think I would take Pearsall.  Here is why:

WR Ricky Pearsall. Elite Combine performance, great hands, great route runner.  6 ft 1 inches tall.  195 lbs.

• 40: 4.41 (82nd percentile)
  • Vert: 42” (97th percentile)
  • Broad: 10’9” (89th percentile)
  • 3-cone: 6.64 (93rd percentile)
  • SS: 4.05 (89th percentile)

Others

• Polk UW
  • Legette SC
  • J. Baker  UCF
  • J. Wilson Fl St
  • McConkey UGA
  • Mitchell Tex
  • Coleman Fl St
  • Worthy Tex
  • Corley WKY
  • Walker UNC
  • Burton Bama
  • Wilson Michigan

It seems to me if we are interested in Washington later in the draft as a slot WR, we are probably going to draft an X WR at 33.  Imagine this:

• Thielen
  • Pearsall
  • Mingo
  • Malik Washington
  •  Marsette-Smith
  • Marshall Jr

I think that would be a significant upgrade.  Now, the reason I did this is some of you were talking about McConkley--and I love him--but if we are talking to Malik Washington, we are not looking for a slot WR until later in the draft.  That would restrict the players we'd take at #33.

I think we could trade down 5-10 spots and still get Pearsall. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

How many WRs will go in round 1? 

Possibly 6--if Xavier's 40 time causes him to squeeze in the top 32,  it could be 7.

In my view, Harrison, Nabers and Odunze are top 10, and Thomas is top 20, and Franklin is top 32.  That is 5 WRs going in the first round.

Now, there is something to consider--the Panthers apparently had 2 meetings with Malik Washington, a 5'8" tall slot WR out of UVA who should be available in the third round or even on day 3. 

So what will be available with the #33 pick?  A TON of solid WR talent (Listed below).  However, we need a polished route runner and a guy with good hands who can work the middle and the sidelines.  I had not really heard of him until the combine, but he kept catching my eye.  Don't laugh, but if I was going to take a WR in the second round, I think I would take Pearsall.  Here is why:

WR Ricky Pearsall. Elite Combine performance, great hands, great route runner.  6 ft 1 inches tall.  195 lbs.

• 40: 4.41 (82nd percentile)
  • Vert: 42” (97th percentile)
  • Broad: 10’9” (89th percentile)
  • 3-cone: 6.64 (93rd percentile)
  • SS: 4.05 (89th percentile)

Others

• Polk UW
  • Legette SC
  • J. Baker  UCF
  • J. Wilson Fl St
  • McConkey UGA
  • Mitchell Tex
  • Coleman Fl St
  • Worthy Tex
  • Corley WKY
  • Walker UNC
  • Burton Bama
  • Wilson Michigan

It seems to me if we are interested in Washington later in the draft as a slot WR, we are probably going to draft an X WR at 33.  Imagine this:

• Thielen
  • Pearsall
  • Mingo
  • Malik Washington
  •  Marsette-Smith
  • Marshall Jr

I think that would be a significant upgrade.  Now, the reason I did this is some of you were talking about McConkley--and I love him--but if we are talking to Malik Washington, we are not looking for a slot WR until later in the draft.  That would restrict the players we'd take at #33.

I think we could trade down 5-10 spots and still get Pearsall. 

If recent history holds, we'll trade up into the first round to take Malik Washington.

• Flames 1

That eliminates Worthy to here then.  By the time Bryce does his 15 yard drop and 5 bunny hops, Worthy would be 40 yards down field, not to mention the time it would take his floater to get there...then 60 yards down field for the speedster.  The ball would fall 20 yards short.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, chknwing said:

his legs look like twigs, he gonna hold up in the NFL?

There have been some very skinny WRs coming out of college lately.  They seem to be holding up okay in the League.  The biggest thing is knowing how not to take a big hit.  These dudes know they are not turning into RBs after the catch and avoid as much contact as possible.

• Beer 1