• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Officially Entering My Vote for WR Keon Coleman

And I absolutely hate the idea of getting some big TE ish WR specifically because of Bryce Young issues.  A QB that will have to defy all sorts of odds to be the guy.  

we added a TE in FA last year….and he had his worst year in his last half decade in the league.  

I want a quick/fast WR and a rec RB in this draft class.    Both should be easy to get if we want them. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

And I absolutely hate the idea of getting some big TE ish WR specifically because of Bryce Young issues.  A QB that will have to defy all sorts of odds to be the guy.  

we added a TE in FA last year….and he had his worst year in his last half decade in the league.  

I want a quick/fast WR and a rec RB in this draft class.    Both should be easy to get if we want them. 

I think thats a silly argument anyways.  Tua is barely 6' and both his wr are 5'10 and they have no problem putting up passing numbers.  Its as silly as the old Cam has to have tall receivers so he doesnt over throw them junk.  These big receivers who dont get seperation but can sometimes make contested catches are old school.  Thats not what modern offenses use anymore.   Thats what tight ends are for.  Almost all the best passing offense utilize mostly receivers between 5'8 and 6'1 I would guess without really digging in to it.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

I think thats a silly argument anyways.  Tua is barely 6' and both his wr are 5'10 and they have no problem putting up passing numbers.  Its as silly as the old Cam has to have tall receivers so he doesnt over throw them junk.  These big receivers who dont get seperation but can sometimes make contested catches are old school.  Thats not what modern offenses use anymore.   Thats what tight ends are for.  Almost all the best passing offense utilize mostly receivers between 5'8 and 6'1 I would guess without really digging in to it.  

And Cam ended up going to the Super Bowl with what….the additions of speed.  Ginn and Philly.  As irrelevant as people thought Philly was, Cam spoke about even a meh speed guy going down in the Super Bowl was brutal. 

TE play was provided by the TE. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

40 time is distinctively different from the ability to separate. The tape will tell the story on that. 

I don’t love him as a prospect, TBH.

Also, our history with FSU players is pretty bad. As I said in another thread, I am just fine never taking another FSU player again.

After the all "Ohio State quarterbacks suck" thing I'm out on these generalities. 

5 hours ago, chknwing said:

yeah but he had the fastest time in the guantlet.  catching balls.  which is what matters.  how fast someone runs in tights, doesnt matter in the NFL.

The gauntlet drill is run in tights.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, chknwing said:

This guy will give Bryce a big target to throw to and many yards after the catch with his freakish size/strength, he will shrug off tacklers.  One arm catch is normal for him.  If hes there at 33, he better be a panther.

Wont be there at 33

I knew 4.6 is bad,but Keon Coleman is faster than Puka Nacua in gauntlet,and look how bad Puka Nacua'RAS is.

513684794_KeonColeman.thumb.jpg.c2993de11e1384d2b3c357a518f3bdbd.jpg

Keon Coleman is a steal if he droped to #33,he will shine in some simple routes like slant or flat,maybe he will be anther "Slant Boy".

BUT...separation guy is a prior need,like Roman Wilson,Ricky Pearsall...

I think he did a lot more for FSU than people give him credit for but I just don’t view him as a fit.

We need quick, technician do it alls I.E McConkey, Mitchell

Shifty slot types with eventual outside potential like Pearsall, Washington, Corley

Or the guys with big play, high ceiling potential like Franklin, McMillan, heck even J Jackson, Thrash or Baker a bit later.

The two I’m just not feeling are Coleman and Legette. They just don’t check the “feel” barometer for me and don’t align with what we need.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1